Who was the first person to smoke weed?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by shift_9k, May 16, 2008.

1. Like how did it start, did some guy just walk up to some random plant out in the woods, dry it then smoke it?

2. Probably some caveman threw it on a fire.

Then after a while he's like "whoa, wait a second...... wait, what?"

3. "whats fire"

"loook at my hand!"

4. So cavemen? I mean is there a reasonable explanation or is it really that wild?

5. uh, i dont think theres any way for us to know for sure.

my memory was still too young back then. sorry.:cool:

6. so seriously no one else wonders how weed was discovered?

7. It's obviously been around way longer than anybody that's still living, and whoever did probably didn't have the tools to document it. The indians, maybe? Who the hell knows.

8. I dont think that weed started in America, but its really some random dude. Nobody knows who first light a tabacco, too. Its just some random guy, or probably random guys around the world.

9. The first evidence for marijuana use is from the Neolithic Age. Roughly 10,000 years ago. It may also be the first plant ever farmed and harvested thus becoming a catalyst for civilization itself. =p

10. where did you get this information at?

11. his ass.

weed is the oldest medicinally used plant next to opium. just thought i'd throw that out there.

12. Ok lets not go that far even. I mean why not smoke actual grass, or some other plant. Whoever did discover weed.... must have gone around smoking anything that looked crazy? I mean it had to have been discovered via trial and error, right?

13. oldest preserved civilization discovered to have used it for medicinal and spiritual purposes was tawain/china about 5000 years ago. but the first individual hell i dont think anyone knows that

14. How else do you think they evolved to what we are now? :smoking: lol.

15. Well, there are other ways to use bud than smoking it. There's no reason that it's first use was through smoking.

However, people have been smoking things forever. Throwing a bunch of a plant on a campfire and realizing you like the aroma (and effects) is not too far of a step away from figuring out how to inhale the smoke.

It's not all that mind-boggling for me.

16. marijuana wasn't first smoked, but rather people broke off buds and chewed on them, then eventually people decided it might be a good idea to smoke it

17. it all started at the beggining of time.... there was this man...Adam... and a women...EVe.... they lived in a wonderful world full of exotic plants and animals.... their creator...also known as god gave them one rule... do not eat the fruit(bud) off a certain tree....

well i think you all know where this is goin....
    they ate it got baked and theres ur answer......maybe:D lol
    really tho theres no way to know for sure...unless we find like a fosilsed bong or somethin;)

18. haha i no right, what are you lookin for? his name? oh yea it was John Doe....??? no one will ever know man. funny to think about though.

19. No not looking for his name or anything. Just wanted to know the origins of it, and how random it is to come across a plant and start experimenting with it. Damn humans.

20. prob just came across it...got a wiff of some proper dank shit n thought...hmmm:rolleyes:.... i mite eat this! if it tastes as good as it smells iv struck lucky.... so mr cave man or adam(whatever) ate the hole plant:eek:
    3 days later snapped back to reality and said....:smoking: i need to build myself a combine harvester and harvest this shit:D