Who to make the mother?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by tobymac420, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Hey guys so my seeds should be here next thursday and i will start my grow Friday. I want to grow one plant to just be a mother as this will be my first time attempting to clone. Here are my options and give me any input if you guys have grown these. If i understand correctly you never put your mother into flowering so i wont be able to try before mothering except for white widow x big bud which i have 4 seeds of. Here are my strains I got:

Widow x Big Bud
    Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Barneys Farm Vanilla Kush
    Feminized Cannabis Seeds - Pick 'n' Mix

Sativa Seeds Hawaii Maui Waui
    Feminized Cannabis Seeds - Pick 'n' Mix

FEMINIZED UFO #1 Samsara Seeds El Alquimista

FEMINIZED UFO #2 Dinafem Seeds Fruit AUTOMATIC

Reserva Privada OG Kush

Emerald Triangle Seeds Bubba 76

Dinafem Seeds Original Amnesia AUTO

Thanks for the help guys.

2. Im confused as to what you're asking. Are u looking for opinions on which one should be your mother plant? That all depends on which strain you want to continue to grow because the clones are just that, clones, so its gonna be the same strain over and over

3. Well, I'm no expert, but I wouldn't make an AUTO a mother... And maybe stear away from the high sativa ends...longer life cycle? More grow time between harvests.

But then again, I'm NO expert, hardly even experienced.

4. Well u can't make an auto a mother since it would automatically flower....as far as choosing between sativa or indica idk, I don't have a mother plant so I'm not the best person to ask but I can't see it being any different, as long as they stay in 18-24 hrs of light they should remain in vegetative state

5. Well yea no autos. More looking for which to use as a mother as I've grown none but want to get a mother on this grow.

6. My opinion would be to get them all out as long as you want. Then choose the fullest, best looking one as my mother. :)

7. Why cant You Keep All of The ones You like? Just take 2 or more clones from all the non auto flowers and See how They turn out. Keep the winners and bud the rest out, no waste.

Ive seen These grow and was Lucky enough to spoke Them.
    Reserva Privada OG Kush and Barneys Farm Vanilla Kush are both great, but They have a few diff phenotypes, so a breeders pack is Help full. I hope You Get the One You Like to Toke on.
    Stay ripped but Keep a Grip.