Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Who The Fuck Says Stoners Are Stupid??

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by BlackFlag, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Alright, to me, a common misconception is that stoners are all stupid and worthless to society.

I go to one of the nation's top ranked colleges, am double majoring in economics and math, scored a 2290 on my SAT, graduated as valedictorian from my HS with a 4.95 GPA.

Guess what, I smoke every fucking day and I love it. Know what else, I know a ton of other people that blaze up everyday after hitting the books.

Stop saying stoners are dumb.

2. Who is this directed towards, exactly?

I've really never heard of that misconception

inb4 1980's

3. Society and conservatives. Lol.

4. Or more the idea that weed makes you slow, lazy, and kills brain cells

5. If you are serious you're definitely speaking to the wrong audience.

6. I just felt like posting it here so I could see if people would agree

7. [quote name='"BlackFlag"']I just felt like posting it here so I could see if people would agree[/quote]

No, a forum full of stoners disagrees and actually think stoners are dumb.

8. Alright, be a douchebag then..

9. almost every "stoner" movie pushes that misconception... it's weird because weed smokers seem to love those movies.

most recently i saw a segment on "the daily show" that interviewed a bunch of fake stoners. The segment seemed to be pro-weed, with the interviewer ducking into a smoke-filled room at the end to get his share. But all the "stoners" he interviewed were your stereotypical losers, who knew nothing about anything but getting high, had the attention span of children, etc., etc.

Pro-weed media seems to push the negative stereotype as hard as the "conservatives" do.. From the cheech and chong stuff to dave chappelle's "half baked" to that song, "because I got high," they all seem to paint a negative portrait about weed... I don't know -- maybe it's "tongue in cheek"? :confused_2:

actually, there are lots of political "conservatives" right here on the gc forum, so the stereotype that conservatives aren't potheads and potheads aren't conservatives should be shot down too...

10. 3.8 GPA in college and blaze everyday!

11. Who The Fuck Says Stoners Are Stupid??

Unintelligent people? :confused:

/thread

12. I dont think smoking pot makes people stupid, but I think there are stupid people who smoke pot that give the rest of us a bad name because they get stoned and act like assholes.

13. I don't mean to sound disrespectful here towards you or your accomplishments (they are considerable), but let's put this into perspective. You've managed to excel in but a small subsection of the world today. You're still sitting inside peering out the window that is the real world and your future.

Once you start tackling REAL life, you will quickly realize that GPA doesn't mean jack shit, family life and work will redefine your concept of "stress", and wisdom gained through experience will usually beat out intelligence.

Congrats though on helping shatter the social stigma that all "stoners" are losers living in their parents basement that will never amount to anything.

14. people don't really need to be assholes. I totally feel ya. but I think that stereotype has been proven wrong quite a lot in more recent years.

15. You bring an interesting point here that kind of opened my mind. Although there's plenty of money to be made with "stoner" comedies (Ted), I think it would be interesting to make a documentary of successful people in the world today who smoke every day to open peoples eyes as to the other side of the cannabis world. The Union touched on this, but should probably be expanded to get the right message across to more people.

Yesterdays "weed smokers" are today's cannabis activists, and unless we start pushing the message in the right direction (instead of the fucking stereotypical one just to get laughs), we'll never be viewed as anything but.

Yes, we all want to go see the next funny-ass stoner comedy coming out. But perhaps we should instead be considering boycotting it instead of perpetuating the stereotype.

And weed smokers seem to love those movies because we all sit back and laugh at how stupid or funny the person is acting while baked, without realizing the general message that is being pushed to every non-smoker in the audience.

And unfortunately that message is Stoners are Stupid.

16. Perhaps someone should tell that the stereotypical propaganda machine that is Hollywood...

17. For all those throwing out your GPA, that doesn't mean your smart. Just saying.

Edit- but it also doesn't mean your stupid. Book smarts is different. I know plenty of people who didn't do well in school but are really intelligent regardless.

But in regards to the thread. Fuck what other people think. Im just gonna sit back and enjoy my weed. They don't want any? More for me

18. "If you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid." -Albert Einstein

In some respects you are correct that GPA doesn't necessarily mean you're intelligent but keep in mind that people with high GPAs usually are taking multiple honors/AP courses which do involve more critical thinking. There are also some private schools who offer a much better education, their regular classes could be compared to a public school's AP classes (again, such classes involve more critical thinking and are much more difficult). Every situation is different.

19. Am I the only one wondering how the hell OP got a 4.95 GPA?