Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

who the fuck cares.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by skater420man, Jul 17, 2011.

1. ok so when i read people threads and posts that others leave. it seems like to me that they are trying to make it sound so perfect, like just proper. and if you miss spell or just say something that does not seem normal there suddenly a kid. when i get on this site its to ask a question or to read what other people have to say. so stop judging how the write or how the spell thing. and dont try to impress any one by typing to proper. say what you have to say they way you want to. so who gives a fuck what other people think. :p

2. You care enough to make a thread.

Just saying.

3. People don't do it to impress people. Sometimes they think it's fun to make a lighthearted joke about it. Sometimes they're actually trying to inform the poster. Either way, it's no big deal.

And honestly it's not hard to type half way normal and not sound like you don't know what the fuck you're doing so you can shave ~5 seconds off your post time.

4. All I see is blah blah blah I'm a lil bitch

5. i agree but i have read a few posts people left saying you are a kid or just a dumb ass from the way the wrote the thread.

6. There does seem to be a strong connection between general intellect and even age (a litte) with how somebody organizes their posts. Not always, but sometimes...

7. The proper use of the English language is essential to success in this world. Using proper spelling and correct grammar on the internet is good practice of the rest of the time. What is so wrong with wanting to do things the correct way?

8. What's wrong with having decent grammar?

9. I think it's rude to comment on someone's grammar/spelling unless you actually can't understand what the poster is saying.
    Alot of people like to correct others to feel superior.

10. It's honestly not hard to type correctly...I think it shows some maturity when talking about a subject that some look down on.

It's not much, but I think its nice when a stoner presents himself better. I'd rather try to avoid the stereotype.

That being said, as long as something is reasonably understandable, people shouldn't bitch about it.

11. Is it really that hard to put a little effort in your posts? Why do you want to seem like an illiterate monkey?

12. Following grammatical conventions aids the reader in understanding that which the speaker is attempting to convey. I for one find it much easier and more pleasant to read a well-constructed, grammatically correct post than one which is sparingly punctuated and haphazardly constructed with little or no attention given to the logical implications of the manner in which the words utilized are arranged.

I don't have to try or put any effort into using proper grammar and spelling things correctly because these things have become habit through consistent practice in the past. I don't write in the manner that I do in vain hopes of impressing others, but simply because it is how I have learned to write. In the same manner that you disregard standards of punctuation and sentence construction because it has become your habit, I follow such standards out of habit.

In my opinion, use of poor grammar and spelling ultimately reveals a certain level of laziness and disrespect for one's own intellectual ability through said laziness; however, I am not so petty a person as to judge another's ideas based on solely on his or her technical facility in expressing those ideas. It should be noted, however, that a blatant lack of attempting any technical accuracy in writing will impress upon me a sense of laziness on behalf of the writer, regardless of the merit of the ideas said writer expresses.

13. Sounds like someone's butt hurt..?

14. I agree with everyone above ^^

However quite a few people on this forum are out to prove something. It shouldn't bother you though, this is the internet. You don't know a thing about the person on the other end of the post, nor do they know anything about you. In one of my psychology classes we reviewed a study on masculinity on the internet and they had some statistics how on it was related to low self esteem.

15. Based on this post, it is pretty obvious that you don't care about spelling, punctuation, or grammar. :wave:

Instead of getting angry when someone corrects you, why not try to learn the correct way to do things instead? You'll get butthurt much less often and come off as someone that is actually worth listening to.

16. I don't really care but I proof read so I don't sound like an idiot and I'm kind of used to typing properly. Plus, it helps get done reports faster if you have to type something cause your not accustomed to typing like a fool. I'm just saving myself from typing with missing letters or in slang when I have to do something important.

17. A lot is actually two words, although I understand what you mean. Sometimes people will text me shit that doesn't make sense. Also, OP you needs ta chill... nobody cares about ur grammer! Your high.... MAN!

18. I hope the people that spell like that and think it's okay do so on their job resume. Maybe then they'll realize why it's important.

19. My grow is my resume, and my grows will run circles around most of these grammar proper correct spelling posers on this forum.

Just saying!

20. It can get a bit excessive when people write like this.

W3d + $$ = Mai L1f3 niga.