Who said it was hard to get jobs! Or maybe i'm just lucky!?

Discussion in 'General' started by goodseasons, Mar 14, 2012.

1. #1 goodseasons, Mar 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2012
    Okay so this past week i already scored a job at bed bath and beyond, i just need to give them a reference number (store policy), jiffy lube wants to hire me (just need to do a drug test and i get the job) AND ALL OF A SUDDEN i get a email from olive garden saying they want to interview me for a waiter position. Honestly! I'm full of happiness and excitement, if i get the job at olive garden i'm deffently gona work there, but if i don't i got 2 others! How should i let jiffy lube and bed bath and beyond know that i cant start till later this month? Cause my interview for olive garden isn't till next monday :(. Btw i guess getting your act together really does bring out new opportunities :D

2. That's good, congrats man.

The problem is people who had incomes matching higher professions. Sure, they can work at olive garden or jiffy lube but it isn't gonna cover their bills

around here, for instance, you can find jobs in the retail sector easy BUT they're mostly hiring multiple part timers to fill a single full time role, that way they don't have to pay benefits, more vacation hours, etc...

ie job market still sucks...

3. i;ve never had a problem getting a job either. i'm 21 years old with little college education and no certifications or anything, but i just got hired in an HVAC/R company because i showed initiative. you cant expect the job to come to you. gotta work for it. gotta work for work lol

4. Yeah well im in highschool (a senior), and honestly this just totally made my day. I got an email for an interview, and literally a minute after i get the email i call em. It seemed like the manager was even impressed
    Yeah man totally, when i apply i write so much info, and give them the best detail possible. Sometimes you don't even need a resume you just gotta be a good speaker in all types of situation, and you gotta be confident. I feel like without my confidence all this wouldn't have came up this easy.

5. you know you can continue to post updates in your threads right? you make like 2 threads a day and one is just a follow up to the other one...

6. OP, its not minimum wage jobs people can't find..that's all fine and dandy if you're 16-19. But when you have a mortgage, truck payment, insurance, kids, gas, food, etc etc, that just won't do. A higher paying job is needed, yet extremely hard to find.

Congratulations on getting a job though man, its better than nothing. But like Blaze said, you can post everything in one thread.

7. Yeah I realized that now, im gona make 1 thread for everything that's somewhat related from now on.. but what would you recommend I do? Should I tell the other companies to wait, or that I can't start till actually later? I just don't wanna start at 1 job, and then quit a week later. I feel like that wouldn't be good.

8. [quote name='"goodseasons"']
    Yeah I realized that now, im gona make 1 thread for everything that's somewhat related from now on.. but what would you recommend I do? Should I tell the other companies to wait, or that I can't start till actually later? I just don't wanna start at 1 job, and then quit a week later. I feel like that wouldn't be good.[/quote]

Go with whichever one offers you the most per hour.

9. I applied to sooooooooo many jobs man.. It's hard as hell to get a job here in SC.

10. Can I tell them I have other job offers? Like do you think if I tell them that they might be like, "oh well how about we offer you an extra $1 per hour" lol?

11. I mean you could, but companies look for motivation, desire and dedication to work at their particular establishment. I'm sure others are vying for the same jobs, so I wouldn't wager your value for a minimum wage job.

If they ask, tell them, but otherwise (and not even otherwise) it is not their position to know if you have other jobs. Just get the wages and pick the highest one

12. [quote name='"goodseasons"'] Can I tell them I have other job offers? Like do you think if I tell them that they might be like, "oh well how about we offer you an extra $1 per hour" lol?[/quote]

Honestly, go with olive garden. Jiffy lube and bed bath and beyond wont pay you shit...your hourly will probably be under your states minimum wage as a waiter at olive garden, but I'm sure you'll bank on tips, that bitch is ALWAYS packed!

13. Should I even listen to the higher wages over time stuff they say? Like sometimes I feel like its bullshit.

14. take in mind the locations where people live, some places are easier to get jobs than others,... congrats on the job though

15. There all like a block away from each other lol, thanks! Maybe i should work at more than 1 i'm trying to move out soon anyways :D

16. Congrats man! I've never had a problem finding a job either here in Pittsburgh or when I was living in WA.