Who plays guitar/bass?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Jack_Herrer, Dec 14, 2003.

?

What do you Play?

1. Guitar.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Bass.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Both.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I wanna learn guitar.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I wanna learn bass.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I wanna learn both.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. i bought a cheap amp on purpose. i just wanted something i can practice on.

and ill check out that book thanks

2. Ive played guitar for something like two years. Naturally I prefer my acoustic to anything but im currently playing in a ska/rocksteady/jazz fusion band so its all electric. I currently only have one electric, an Epiphone Les Paul 400, im saving for a fender jazzmaster though. My amp is a a line 6 spider 2 but for shows I hook it through the PA and just use the amp as a stage monito. all my effects come from pedals so other than for practcing its kinda pointless.

3. I've been playing for 12 years (started at 6). I actually just got a new guitar, a really nice one. If you've seen the American Fender Strat Deluxe (50th Anniversary Edition), you can understand why.

I own a Fender 12-string, an Ibanez Acoustic/Electric, a Mexican Strat, and an American Fender strat deluxe.

To top it off, I have a Marshall half-stack AVT series (AVT-150h, plus the angled cab), which puts out a very clean, unique sound.

4. ive been playing bass for about a year now...actually 10 months. i went to a jam session recently with a bunch of guys that have been playing for like 10+ years, all of them playing guitar. and they'd be like ok now play a G, and i'm like "no fuckin clue what that is, taught myself everything i know by ear" so he told me to make something up to what they were playing. so i did, and they liked it a lot... they kept giving me props for my creativity. we were playing a bunch of funk and 80's rock. then we got into some heavy stuff, and then everyone was making stuff up, it was really great because i was keeping up with people that have been playing 10 times as long as i have, and they kept telling me i need to start a band. so that boosted the hell out of my confidence. i like Les Claypool and Robert trujillo a lot. ive recently gotten the slap/pop technique down that so many people say is so hard. i just have to perfect it now. music seems to come really easily to me, no one in my family can play an instrument, and i taught myself everything i know. now ive got 2 bands going. Early Mourning and Comfortably Numb

5. i have blues group and i play bass and aquistic guitar

6. Grats, man. Really good guitar. I got a 40 years anniversary Fender Strat. Best guitar I ever had. Never gets out of tune. And the sound......whoa

7. I have been playing the bass for about four years, same with the guitar. Yet, I have found that I can flow much better with my bass than my guitar. It just seems to come to me more naturally. However, I still love jamming on my guitar. They both kick ass.
    I have a fender telecaster with kinman pickups and a custom ash body from Warmoth guitar parts (in my home state). I also have a reissue 62' fender jazz bass with a custom mahogany neck also from warmoth guitar parts. Also, I put new DeMarzio pickups on it and it makes the tonal range huge!

8. Bass all the way. and i get half of you guitarists cant keep time lol

9. Haha...bastard...but yer right.

Don't tell the keyboard player

10. For all you bass players out there who think you're good, i urge you to listen to some victor wooten, especially classical thump. You will never think you're good ever again. hahaha

11. Victor Wooten is one of my biggest influences. I have been listening to him since 8th grade and I saw him live like three months ago and it made me want to never play a bass again. He is a GOD!

12. Of all his songs, Classical Thump is on the easier side of his songs. granted i can only play about the first minute of it, but still....

13. when i saw him, it just made me wanna pick up my bass more.

14. Damn Turelim...I guess someone doesn't know what sarcasm is. Or were you just making a feeble attempt at building yourself up at the expense of others?

15. Jesus, i haven't heard much of wootens stuff, but if classical thump is relativley easy, then I will never think i'm good at bass ever again.

16. I agree with that. Although, the begining is reletively slow paced (for a victor wooten song) and if you have fast fingers you could probably keep up. However that only lasts for like 7 seconds then he goes nuts.

17. I play guitar, i've been playing for about 6 years maybe... although it hasn't been consistant. I've been in a couple bands since i've started playing. The first one didn't really go anywhere. Now the one im in now isn't really hardcore (were not really commited) but we did acutally play a show :) which kicked some serious ass!

Anyway, sry to go off-topic.

18. Im a bass player. you other bass players should check out www.talkbass.com its a huge bass forum with really nice people