Who plays guitar/bass?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Jack_Herrer, Dec 14, 2003.

?

What do you Play?

1. Guitar.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Bass.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Both.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I wanna learn guitar.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I wanna learn bass.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I wanna learn both.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Ive bin playin guitar a couple o years now, i like to think im good at it, cuz im in a band n i play lead. i got my 6th guitar for christmas n it kiks ass!

2. i got my bass fer x mas, but i just got it like 4 days ago, ive played on my friends a few times... and im getting pretty good at mine, just need to learn the bass in some songs to get better

3. My repetoire isn't as impressive as Burnburnbeef's, but i can play any member of the sax family (my trademark is alto), and i play bass. I learned guitar, but was too cheap to get one. On guitar i can play any songs with mainly power chords and i learnd some sweet riffs. but bass is my favorite. There are so many varieties of sounds. I love playing slap bass.(if you havent learned slap, you should. its not extremely hard)

4. so guys ...tell me where are some good places to look for tab ....stuff that is good for beginers...

i think it could help alot of us out....

please?

5. Well...I used OLGA before but I think is's no longer on the we. An ok site would be
    www.guitartabs.com
    The problem with most of the sites is that thei're put on the web by amateurs. And there are loooooads of mistakes in the transcriptions. Still...a good site to give you something to practice. If I find more I'll send a pm...

6. yeah man thanks....

7. guitar, bass, keys, vox

i also know how to work a sequencer/drum machine

8. I've been playing guitar for about 2 and a half years now. If either of my hands fell off, I don't know what I'd do. Playing and writing music is such a huge part of my life now.

9. If you want tabs, download powertab. It's a really, really good tab program. It plays back the songs which is very handy. It's nice and easy to tab out your own tunes too. Tab.

http://www.power-tab.net/

You can download shitloads of tabs from this site, usually very good ones.

http://www.powertabs.net/

Do it!

10. i want to learn to play bass. just about everyone of the local people who jam need a bassist so i want to learn it. my brother got an acustic for christmas so he is learning to play that.

11. ive been playing guitar for over 20 years now.

i used to teach but now i just play my beautiful Larrivee and im fine with what i do.

most jazz, grateful dead, jam type of music but gimmie a folk song any day of the week.

12. bass all the way. the most beautiful and life changing thing thats ever happened to me (aside from the discovery of drugs and alcohol) was when I heard a local band called Hotboxed for the first time ever. Total hardcore mosh pit made music, and theres this song called "whos blood". the bassist has such an awesome amp, and just striking the deepest note ever, (the amp was sitting on the ground, outside concert) and the note made my sternum tremble. fro mthen on, ive been a bass enthusiast

13. I'm all about the Seven-strings.

14. Hi all I am a bass Player (allegedly) lol

I play in a covers band around the pubs & clubs,I have been gigging for about 6 years most weekends,Its great fun but you do meet some knuckle heads pmsl.

15. I've been playin' bass for 35 years and still learning. If you want to check out some of the best bassists listen to Geddy Lee (Rush), Chris Squire (YES), Tony Levin (Peter Gabriel, King Crimson), Oteil Burbridge (Oteil Burbridge and The Peacemakers, Allman Brothers), John Entwistle (The Who), John Myung (Dream Theater) just to name a few. If you want the jazz stuff listen to Stanley Clarke, Jaco Pastorius, John Patitucci, Victor Wooten and Stuart Hamm to name a few.

Here's a link to a good bass discussion forum - http://www.johnmyung.com/forum/

Enjoy! And happy pickin'!

16. Cheers dude,more doorways to go through.:)_

17. guitar, mainly acoustic. i have 2 acoustics, a seagull S6 and an alavarez, not sure the model i bought it used. i also have an epiphone les paul 100 electric with a line 6 spider II amp. now that im not in a band i rarely play it though.

18. www.mxtabs.com is quite good.

I've been playing the bass for about 2/3 years, i have such a good teacher that a couple of months back i just transfered all the theory i've been tought on bass onto guitar. I play a telecaster bass (i think, it's the only one of its kind i've seen) it's very rare, i bought it off a friend for 12 pounds cos it was all broken and i nursed it back to health. I'll post a picture of it when i get round to it. I only ever play in minor blues scales or the whole tone scale for some reason. I use my brothers strat squire, through a russian big muff, into a wem amp (they're discontinued now, but they're fuckin awesome, hendrix used them all the time)

19. another bass player here.. i'm into mainly experimental music (Primus, the Residents, Mr. Bungle, Frank Zappa), but i first got into playing because of ska music . i've been at it for around four years now, i can play slap, fingerstyle, and flamenco strum (showing my Les Claypool/Primus influence). i've been in my current band for a couple months now, and the other guys are really good musicians. before i joined they sounded almost just like Antiflag (political punk, yeah), but i've been able to steer things in a more funky/hard direction. i use Fender guitars, a Japanese-made Lyte Deluxe (mahogony body, mmmm) and an American P-Bass Deluxe five string.

toke up and rock on.

-EGO