Who Owns You?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JohnnyWeedSeed, Feb 6, 2014.

1. #21 cball, Feb 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2014

why did it progress so swiftly AFTER?

Government in itself is not bad, wrong, nor evil...villages governing by common sets of rules enforced by all is still government.
    When any government is corrupted to serve the few at the expense of the many, it has lost it's worth and needs to be abolished..and guess what the founding fathers of the old USA wrote into the constitution, such a clause.
    Trouble is, our elected employees in DC made it illegal to enact. NOW they will brand you as a terrorist and detain 'dissidents'. aka; 'terrorist', offshore in solitude, or you just go by by...

How many employees do we have...how many people are "we"?
    Ya...overwhelming numbers huh... seems we have the majority vote, but too many advocate and delegate their powers to our employees out of ignorance and fears.

2. #22 tetoleetd, Feb 8, 2014
    not arguing with you there bud, just saying mankind wouldn't crumble without laws or taxation. mankind existed and progressed long before any of that was even a thought in our tiny little humanoid brains.

3. Example of such progression? All societies, groups and cultures had some set of formal laws. From the ancient egyptians to the early europeans and native americans. They all abided by something.

People shouldnt want to do away with laws or taxation. We just need it to be regulated by more honest orginizations.. our government is extremely overreaching. But at the same time americans complain too much about necessary things. We need taxes to build the roads you drive on everyday , where is that money going to come from? Are we going to pour cement and fix traffic lights and power lines on our own? And even so , where would we get the tools? Everytime there is a state of no regulation we have looting and chaos. If you all really think that every human being can control themselves if no laws were in place , then youre delusional. People kill people rape women and steal things every day WITH laws.

Look at sweden and london, theyre doing pretty good , free healthcare and educatoon in sweden but they pay loads of taxes. Nothing comes free.

4. #24 forty winks, Feb 8, 2014

Wouldn't crumble because new laws would emerge in the bat of an eye.  taxation, in some form, would follow very quickly after that.  Don't let anybody tell you otherwise.

5. what about in a society where the majority of the puerile see taxation as the theft that it's is and refuse to put up with it.

That would be democracy...

7. No because the majority wouldn't force the minority to not tax either, only not to tax them.

8. yea that didnt make sense

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. I think mean to say "tyranny by majority"

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. #33 goober0331, Feb 8, 2014

Uhhh, just one big "Without slavery, who would pick the cotton?"

So dont do away with taxation, so massive theft is ok for you? So people cant voluntarily give money?

Regulated by more honest organizations? Lol like what, a government? Are you really THAT naive?

So you NEED theft in order to build a road? You understand that the majority of that work is done by private companies, correct? The government simply steals your money, and then uses it as they please.

I mean damn, so humans wouldnt be able to handle roads without a government, but have created computers and cell phones to communicate with someone on the otherside of the globe, but those roads are just too tricky. I guess without government those private companies building the roads would magically vanish :laughing:, and the incentive to want those things just vanishes too :laughing:

Wait, so healthcare is free and education is free, but its paid for with taxes, and then nothing is free?

But I mean hey, without slavery who would pick the cotton? Its way to mind blowing, please just continue to loot my wallet.

11. You seem to believe that when the way of life for all Americans is stripped away and anew form of understanding is established everyone will hold hands , build roads , and will be ok with the new lawless land. American can't agree on simple things like gay marriage , or education , abortion.

Taxes is necessary , and there are societies who use it to the peoples benefits like the examples I have given you. There is a way to live with government as ling as it's checked.

12. #35 goober0331, Feb 8, 2014

Lol wow, and like in the other post which you didnt reply to, I have never anything about lawlessness, and I deliberately didnt mention it because I dont disagree with you, there will always be moral codes people use. Really, start reading my posts, you make yourself look foolish.

Theft is not necessary at all, and completely immoral. Sorry, but the ends dont justify the means, and according to that logic, bombing the innocent civilians of Japan during WWII was just. Wanting to live in a world with a "checked" government, is what has gotten us into this mess in the first place. The only thing you do is rewind the tape of the same movie, over and over again, and end up with the same result, a shitty movie.

Does anyone else notice the irony, in saying that humans are bad and need to be kept in check by government, but then we need to live off of stealing from other people, by using government to steal?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=S4CcannofnY

you're not really seeing where im coming from. in the current system we have now, sure, laws and taxes are needed. but the current system doesnt HAVE to be the way things are. its not necessary for things to be like this, its just all we know. the human race wouldnt just cease to exist if laws and taxes were never implemented at any point in history.

14. You spoke of taxes , and so did I. In every post pertaining you. I spoke of it, so..yea

Taxes is necessary in our society to make available the things that we have , I've said it before , I won't say it again, people think they can live on this world for free. Maybe if you established your own society where currency was useless. But the society we have established requires it , getting rid of it is a mistake. That's just what I believe.

Lol, and since you missed this:

Does anyone else notice the irony, in saying that humans are bad and need to be kept in check by government, but then we need to live off of stealing from other people, by using government to steal?

No, you are trying to put words in my mouth by saying I advocate lawlessness. Completely false.

Without slavery, who would pick the cotton? Without taxes, who would build the roads?

16. #39 tetoleetd, Feb 8, 2014
    getting rid of money wouldnt be a mistake. money is the root of all evil. i think you're a mistake, renee. :p

17. That video made me want to drive without a seatbelt