Who owns my grow site...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by ThinkMilitant, Dec 24, 2007.

1. I'm in the proccess of planning a grow for the next season, and I was wondering if anybody could give me some pointers on how to find suitable grow sites.

I know all the grow factors (soil ph, nearby water source, sunlight, etc.) What I'm having difficulty with is the security side.

Is there any easy, incognito way to find out who owns what land? There are lots of undeveloped lots where I live, about the size of whole subdivisions, but I would like to know if they are government land, private owner, corprate owner, etc.

Oh, and for those beginers out there like me trying to find a good grow site, google earth is invaluable. Combined with a handheld GPS, it has been no end of help. I never even knew some of those trails/streams/high traffic areas were even there till I saw them from the top down.

2. Be careful with that GPS and putting in locations of grow spots. I saw on TV the other day a "suspected" dealer was pulled over and caught with 2 oz of bud. They went through his GPS which he had on him and found coordinates near the place they pulled him over, out in some field in the back country, there they found a few plants and charged him with those as well.

As for the security issue, I personally have 3 lots where i put 3-5 plants at each. These lots are 100 yards (minimum) from any road, and 1/10 a mile from any house. I also used google earth to scan my area to find my spots. A great tool!

I just keep my plots small, space out the plants a bit, and dont leave trails to my plots. I also only visit them in the wee hours of the morning (2am-5am) and leave before sun up. Also got some chicken wire surrounding the plant (~8ft diameter) to try and keep deer and other pests off my plants.

Hope the info helps.

3. i also am scouting locals for next season...i also live by alot of undeveloped land that is city owned and private...the problem is, it is a bit of a swampy area so unless i find a nice, high, secluded area, then i will prob just use buckets....my first grow and i was thinking bout digging a cupple like 1-2 feet deep by like 3 foot wide boxed in the ground and filling them with good soil....wood u reccomend that or bucket?

4. Thanks for the heads up on the GPS thing, but I had already thought of that. I'll just have to keep the GPS cords off the GPS. :D

The lots I am looking at are well within the distances you used with your lots. I guess I might be being more paranoid then needed, but I would like to find an out of state private owner or public eassement land then something else.