Who Loves To Ponder?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Heroic Dose, May 26, 2014.

1. #1 Heroic Dose, May 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2014
    pondering has long been my favorite activity. i practically get off on thought. nothing is more satisfying to me then sitting down and getting deep into a train of thought. be it life, the universe, people, the origin of shoelaces, or what i ate for breakfast. as i feel there are infinite aspects to every object and subject, there is never a limit to what you can imagine about a particular topic.

literally nothing brings me more pleasure than loading a bong, having a thought on my mind, and zoning out thinking of all the possible related thoughts that subject could have as i slowly smoke the bowl over the course of an hour or so.

when i ponder, i basically cut all ties to the world. i shut off everything but the thoughts running through my head. my eyes remain open, but they dont derive any meaning from what they see.

ive come to see it as almost a similar yet reverse of meditation. instead of experiencing everything you take one minor idea and flesh it out as much as you are capable. in a way, you become the thought.

does anybody else simply love to sit down and lose themselves in thought? do you always trying to flesh out all aspects of your ideas? or do you limit then based on what you presuppose?

2. I love it. I spend far too much time at it, some subjects make me wonder if I'm a nutjob and I don't care because it just feels so good. I have made a lifestyle out of the meta-physical. Sometimes I'll find an interesting concept and it will evolve as I delve into it and I will solve it with an extraordinary conclusion late in the night, high as fuck, and wake the next morning to find days have passed and no memory of what I had done.

3. I also love to ponder, especially while I vape but I also do it out in my day to day life. I just start thinking about some various thing and just flow sometimes it makes sense where I end up, sometimes not. I put zero restrictions on my thoughts I find it much more affective and revealing to go where ever my mind takes me.

Sent from my N860 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. i find the best thoughts come after 2am. too bad the other factors in play usually make remembering difficult :p

i think even in those cases it makes future exploration of that thought more in depth though. the connections seem to stick even when you dont realize it sometimes

5. However I stay out of the Spirituality and Philosophy sections because I feel all of those things are entirely subjective to one's experience and do not need to be shared. With somebody close it's different. Let's face it you guys don't give a damn what I believe, and I don't give a damn what you believe, because so much of it cannot be expressed in words and our respective insights are much more personally profound.

6. I love to let my thoughts go sometimes i think of something meaningful.

7. #7 SmokinCautious, May 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2014
    This is a very deep aspect of my life being extremely introverted I would simply gauge my ideologies by the observations of everyone around me. I noticed in life most people just try to live up to expectations or have an identity, whether it be a job or relationship. I ponder situations so much which is fun to do and for some reason I also have a really good judge of character just by looking at someone. Sorry for the wall of text.

8. I used to love to sit and think, and imagine as many possibilities as my mind could muster up. But reality smacked me pretty hard. Things I enjoyed, were simply enjoyment for enjoyment's sake - no tangible availability. Same for the things I disliked. All that was left to me was reality, and since I really started thinking, reality hasn't been enough for me.

It's weird when anything goes.

9. #9 TesseLated, May 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2014
    I agree, but to a certain degree. There's a balance to everything...and keeping it that way is the hard part.

Deeper thinking is the major benefit of smoking (other than medical reasons). Sometimes it shows you things that are hard to take, but then again it also helps you truly live for the same reason.

10. I love to ponder, check out my sig, its relevant  :smoke: . I'm so thankful that when I moved as a child my parents bought a house surrounded by woods. Virtually everyday that I lived there (weather permitting) I walked through those woods in perfect solitude. At first (between 2nd grade and middle school maybe) I used it for my imagination and would find perfect "swords" (straight sticks that didn't break when I swung at trees) and fight imaginary enemies for hours. I don't know if any plot I ever came up with was cool, but I had novels worth of tales. I remember being so embarrassed when a friend showed up one day and snuck up on me during my games.

Later it became the place where I came to ponder; I developed so much of my life's philosophy, beliefs, goals, and interests out there. One of my best friends and I always have long discussions; the subject is always so varied that we don't refer to it as talking about philosophy or science or religion, etc. etc., but simply as talking about ideas. We always share a look when it becomes obvious that someone we're hanging out with is also a fan of "ideas."

11. right here  B)

12. Curiosity has always been a major component in me so yeah, I love to ponder.

13. thats beautiful, pure poetry. i love that you have a special place to ponder.

i think this year im going to make it my mission to find a place in my town where i can slip away to think. some cool place nobody ever goes to. perhaps a high vantage point to watch the city.

14. I don't know if I like it or not..cause I have OCD and I get trapped in my thoughts, and I get anxiety from it. But at the same time it's all I can do, it's been becoming a problem for me. It ends up making things bad(this is probably going to be hard to understand) cause I have figured out that if you think a thought out to long it can become reality, And it's always something negative for me. I will think about something that would be bad, and I know it will actually happen in my head if I think about it to much. And then it happens because I'm thinking about it to much. Does anyone know what this is called??! I know it's my OCD making it happen but I don't know much else. Can anyone help me out??

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. I've heard that people who have bad recurring thoughts(or impulsive cravings for that matter) will wear a rubber band around their wrist, and snap it on their arm each time they think the negative thought out craving. The pain is used to stimulate your brain into thinking or acting in a more positive way

Sent from my XT1058 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. #16 Tokesmith, Jun 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2014
    I used to love to imagine I was a ancient warrior. When I got a wooden katana at like age 10 I went crazy samurai on the air :). But in my mind I was in a battle.

"I'm to drunk, to taste this chicken" -Talladega nights

17. #17 Bs n Js, Jun 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2014
    Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

18. cant hurt, the rubber band sounds like a worry stone. anything to distract and soothe the mind a bit til the thoughts subside could be beneficial.

19. #19 organicpandemic, Jun 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2014
    always pondering. one of the benefits of having a brain that runs at like a gazzilion miles a minute.

often thought of trying this, but dont want to look like a complete nutter when i stare at someone who pissed me off and snap this lacky band on my wrist lol

similar situation, have you tried meditation/breathing exercises at all? dont know how spiritual you are but would be worth looking up starseeds.