who likes the BMW E39?

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by andyffer, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Alright do you like the E39 (1997-2003 5 series) body style?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. yup. one of my favorite bmw's

3. #3 soapman, Dec 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2009
    The white one...doesn't really do it for me. The red one on the other hand...That's a completely different lookin animal

4. Best 5 series to date. Def plan to do big things to this car in the future

5. i really don't care much for it. i mean, of course, its a pretty sexy car, but it doesn't look all that special.

and to novek, the best looking 5 series to date? :confused:

6. Yeah, that's kinda how I feel about em too. Most of them just don't do anything, it's a pretty basic sedan really. I probably wouldn't go out of my way to deck one out let alone buy one. Maybe if it was given to me that'd be different but...

I guess possibly I'd consider purchasing an m5 it's just nowadays, there's a lot better rides out there.

Funny though, I saw one today exactly like that white one just with out the black top, even had the same bbs wheels on it. Thought it was that one for about 2 seconds.

7. Yes. Maybe I'm biased because I don't like new cars. I find them too round and futuristic looking. I think these e39 are perfect. They have lots of personality, sleeping beasts. Check out the e39 wagon I posted. These cars are gangsta.

http://forum.grasscity.com/planes-trains-automobiles/517195-540-too-rude.html

8. if you don't like new cars, why not say the e12 or e28 were the best 5 series? because i would agree whole-heartedly.

9. Could have been a vinyl black roof that he took off

I agree they are sleepers and great lines. The new 5s are too rounded and thankfully the new 5 is much better but still on that side..

That wagon is sick. If I had to buy a wagon it would ONLY be the e39. Alright maybe the current 335i

10. #10 vdubbud, Dec 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2009
  11. Same Here...

12. The e39 is great, but very bland, just like most bimmers before 2000. the f10 (newest 5 series) is def the best looking 5, no question.

Those cars were engineered, not designed. lol. 5mph bumpers really ruined those early us 5ers btw. Glad to see the new 5 bring back the sharknose.

13. classic 90s bimmer, though you should put a stock pic up too

14. 3rd one down

15. I definitely would take whatever color I could get my hands on, but I prefer red as well.

16. completely over looked it

17. I like(love) all bmws

18. me likey. especially the M5. 400 bhp.:hello:

19. Yeah it's ill.

20. I like this car very much. It is my dream to have it. My perception states that the model of car is very decent. Any color of this car looks extremely cool. But especially i like red BMW E39.