Who knows?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Spacebug, Mar 15, 2007.

1. I have a problem: the plants are rootbound and I just started flowering period yesterday. They are 6 weeks old and 12" tall. They already have been transplanted once in a 1 and a half gallon pots, but just noticed today that roots are coming out from the bottom. They are doing great, but still don't know how many females I'll have.
    Does anibody know if it's ok to transplant them again during flowering?? I know it's not the best idea but i don't know if keeping them rootbound would be better. I was thinking of waiting a few days untill I know the sex and transplant the females.
    Please help me out! Appreciate any advise!

Thanx!

2. just because there are root tips showing through the drain holes, does not nessecarily mean it's rootbound. but it does mean it's time to transplant. i just transplanted from 1.13 gallon pots to 2.2 gallon pots 2 1/2 weeks into 12/12. i know that is late, but it really should not hurt anything. it should be ok to wait a couple more days till sex shows, so you dont' waste effort and soil on dirty fucking males.

3. yes deff. wait till they show sex then transplant. Sure transplanting in flower may cause some stress but its better than leaving them to be root bound, stunted and eventually die.