Who knows about guitars?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by ChiefBuddha, Feb 4, 2012.

1. i've been playing the acoustic for 5+ years and now i wanna play electric. I'm getting just a standard fender stratocaster. My question is, what amp should i get with this? I'd like a tube amp but they can be expensive. I don't need something really fancy right now. Gonna be playin alot of classic rock and some blues. Let me know what you think. Wanna keep the amp price range $200-$300 if possible.

2. Check out the Vox Vt30. It's got a wide range of amp and effect setting, plenty of volume if you need it, and isn't too much money.

3. Honestly man any amp other than a 15W practice amp can be made to sound good. Try going to a local music shop after you get your 6 string and play on a few hahaha its all personal taste and preference but remember, tubes sound better but go out... and you can never fail with mini stacks hahaha they are so much fun but it doesn't take a stage crew to help you move it :)

4. if you want tube, the best is to get a used fender, like a deville, blues jr or something like that.....otherwise solid states suck and the high tubes are out of your range....i would definitely look into a blues jr. tube, fender....great sound and quite loud, you can also try a peavey

5. start out with a fender squire work you're way up get a spider amp i believe its called its very inexpensive and you can purchase one used at Guitar Center

6. Avoid the Line6 Spiders at all costs. They're cheap for a reason. They sound incredibly digital, even for a solid-state amp, aren't made all that well in my experience, and aren't worth what little money they cost.

7. Your best bet would be a Marshall amp

8. I have a vox vt40+, it's basically the vt30, but with a bit more kick. vox makes great amplifiers for the money in my opinion.

9. Your best bet would be to go to a nearby music store and try out a few amps. Everyone's opinion is different, and we all like getting slightly different sounds out of our guitars.

10. For me, it doesn't get much sweeter than this!

[​IMG]

11. #11 Go Mean Green, Feb 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2012
    You'll be upset with yourself later when you reaaaaaaaaally want a tube amp. Get a used fender deluxe reverb, bassman, super reverb on the more expensive side or blues junior on the cheap side. Do your research for which model fits your needs but for anything blues influenced, Strat + Fender tube amp is a cheapish combo for nice blue earsex. Save up a bit longer and get a tube amp.

12. Just wanted to mention that another good route to go could be putting the majority of that money towards a good multieffects pedal/processor. It'd be a really fun learning experience diving into an electric guitar with a cornucopia of effects at your disposal. Get a good pedal and you can play thru that with headphones or a small amp. I mean, do you really need to fill a stadium or even an auditorium right now?? There's no use in a big amp right away.