Who is the victim?

Discussion in 'General' started by pmtoker, Nov 10, 2003.

1. Alright, mary-jane is illegal. Buying selling carrying, smoking, and toking is a crime. For there to be a crime there has to be a victi, right? One question-

WHO IS THE VICTIM?

2. speeding is a crime. Who's the victim?
    Drinking under age is a crime. Who's the victim?
    Going to a park after it's closed is a crime. Who's the victim?
    Tearing the tag off your matress is a crime. Who's the victim?

The gov't doesn't need a victim to make anything a crime.

3. sorry ya lost me with that one!....tearing a tag off a matress?......Peace out.........Sid

4. Actually, tearing off the tag on a mattress is only illegal if you are a mattress manufacturer or a mattress dealer.

Once you buy the mattress you can do whatever you want to it.

:D

5. Whatever, the point still stands. The government doesn't care if there is a victim. They just want to tell you what to do.

6. are we talking about the same thing here......it's illegill to tear off a "tag" on a matress if your a matress dealer........?....what does this tag say that's so important?.........Peace out.......Sid

7. Yeah, you can be arrested for tearing the tag off...or someone can. I don't know what it really says since mine was torn off a long time ago.

*edit* It says WARNING really big and something about prosecution or something...right? Someone go read your tag and report back. :)

8. It lists the materials in the mattress. I guess it's supposed to protect people with allergies from buying a mattress with materials they're allergic to.

9. it says what the materials are and what not, and other stuff. and like wanb says u dont need to have a victim to have something a crime.

10. Tearing the tag off of your pillow is illegal, too.
    I had a three day fit of hysterical laughter when I read that.

11. lol...well ya learn something new everyday.......lol.....tearing tags off.......Peace out.........Sid

12. Wow, I didn't mean to get everyone off the subject with that, but such is our fair city.

13. uuuum, the government?....thats a good one :)

or ourself the victoms of our own crimes

14. You haven't seen that serta comercial with the counting sheep, they tear off the "do not remove under penalty of law" tag and end up in jail... it's too funny.. I love those little sheep, I wish they'd come visit me!! LoL

15. no sorry i live in Scotland......i haven't seen the ad, that's why i find it funny that you can go to jail for tearing off a tag....lol.....we have lots of sheep here, and lots of people who have been accused of abusing them as well......lol.......we call them "sheep shaggers" and it's used as a derogueterry name for people from the North of Scotland..........i never use it though.........Peace out.......Sid

16. I have a stuffed #18...he has the number stitched on him and everything. (I have an uncle that works at Serta :D)

Grasscity Deals Near You