Who is John Galt?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by trixman22, Oct 13, 2012.

1. So yesterday Atlas Shrugged part 2 came out. I have yet to watch it(hopefully today after work).

I think it is absolutely amazing how that story was written in the 50s and so much of it has come true or is on its way to coming true. Ayn Rand is a smart women. That story shows how cronyism hinders economic prosperity in a way most Americans can understand(maybe I give them to much credit).

Here is the synopsis "The global economy is on the brink of collapse. Unemployment has risen to 24%. Gas is now $42 per gallon. Brilliant creators, from artists to industrialists, continue to mysteriously disappear at the hands of the unknown. Dagny Taggart, Vice President in Charge of Operations for Taggart Transcontinental, has discovered what may very well be the answer to a mounting energy crisis - found abandoned amongst the ruins of a once productive factory, a miraculous motor that could seemingly power the World. But, the motor is dead... there is no one left to decipher its secret... and, someone is watching. It's a race against the clock to find the inventor before the motor of the World is stopped for good. Who is John Galt? "

2. I am so glad Part 2 is came out! I saw Part 1 a while ago and was so happy some new life had been breathed into the story. Its amazing that this movie got made when so many powerful people want to suppress Ayn Rand's ideas.

3. #3 FALSE, Oct 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2012

4. Paul Ryan has no idea what Ayn Rand was talking about. Balance the budget in 25 years give me a break.

5. Click the link. Ayn Rand worshipped a serial killer who cut little girls to pieces as “a man with no regard whatsoever for all that a society holds sacred, and with a consciousness all his own. A man who really stands alone, in action and in soul. Other people do not exist for him, and he does not see why they should.” So if you guys really want to take this Ayn Rand thing to the next level now you know what makes her wet...

6. The book outshines the film, imo.

7. You are one of the most brainwashed people I have met on the internet. :D

8. I watched Atlas shrugged due to this thread and these suggestion; and wowow.. I honestly cant stop thinking and telling people about it. Getting my dad the novel for xmas etc.

Also, if you havent already seen it.. Looper is a great movie about blowback and sacrifice which I think fits in well with the liberty community.

9. It won't let me edit or delete this for some reason but I apologize what I said was disrespectful. I shouldn't have used the word "brainwashed."

10. "He was Prometheus, who after ages of being ravaged by vultures, broke his bonds and withdrew his fire, awaiting the day man withdraws his vultures."

The movie misses a lot of points, and from an outsiders point of view looks like a bunch of rich people screwing around on each other. Read the book.