Who is excited for the Steam summer sale

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by full melt, Jul 12, 2012.

1. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUo1PgKksgw]TONIGHT'S THE NIGHT - YouTube[/ame]

2. I wonder how much I could get ARMA II: Combined Ops for.

3. i am. steam sales are usually huge, offering like 50% off on loads of games.

4. I want to play dayZ too. 75% off wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility.

5. now they start running everything I've bought since may for half price :(

6. Thanks for posting this, I'm getting Garrys mod right now.

7. I looked at the site and it still says it cost 30$ :(

8. I believe combined operations was 23.00

9. Don't buy anything until the last day of the sale unless it's a daily deal or flash deal.

Chances are combined ops, skyrim and shit will be a daily deal at some point and will be cheaper.

10. #10 fenix420, Jul 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2012
    I can't even recheck the price now. I'm getting an error code when I try to log in to steam. They must be changing things as we speak.

EDIT its working now and HOLY shit look at these prices

shogun 2 total war = 7 bucks

yes plz

EDIT crap, it's down again. Right in the middle of my "fat kid in the candy store" routine

11. It feels like Christmas :hello:

Unfortunately everybody else is experiencing their Christmas too, so I keep getting a servers are full error.

12. Today there wasn't any games that I wanted. If I didn't already have Portal 2, $5 would have been a steal!

I'm holding out for some cheapo prices on a few games. If they don't come, I won't be too disappointed.

13. Man, can't decide what I want to buy.
    Think I might get one of the developer collections... the only question is: Which one?

14. just got dungeon defenders (yes i know it was like 5 bucks a day or two ago)
    dues ex human revo
    portal 2

15. haha damn, Portal and Portal 2 for $6.24. I've played them both (totally not illegally in any way) already, but I might have to scoop them just for the P2 custom maps.

16. Yea its on there now for 23.99

Some of these deals are insane, like the entire bethesda collection for 49.99

I love how that EA exec said they didn't like to discount games because it cheapens the IP, yet I bet sales of games on steam are through the roof right now, while origin sales are probably still hilariously low.

17. #17 full melt, Jul 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2012
  18. I'm pretty tempted to grab the Bethesda collection..

19. #20 amdnivram, Jul 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2012
    just bought 10 random games, cant wait to try a few.Portal2/Portal and Shogun 2 being a couple. Thanks for that list a couple of posts ago