Who here thinks there needs to be an organized voting bloc of single issue marijuana voters?

Discussion in 'General' started by JoeVullion13254, Jul 27, 2013.

1. #1 JoeVullion13254, Jul 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2013
    heres what should happen. Every single marijuana consumer should join NORML, MPP and the Drug Policy Alliance. You should all vote in every single election. Presidential elections, Midterm elections, off year elections, state elections and local elections. Make sure the people running for office on all levels of government wont take away whatever marijuana rights you have. Become a single issue marijuana voter. If a candidate doesnt support your marijuana rights, dont vote for them. If they do support your marijuana rights, then vote in droves to make sure they stay in office. This is very important. 

If you live in a medical marijuana state, make sure your state rep is going to protect medical marijuana and will vote for full legalization. If you live in a non medical marijuana state, make sure your state rep will support medical, decrim or full legalization. If you live in a state like Colorado or Washington, make sure your state rep will support protecting the freedoms won and hope try to and expand it. Ask them to expand the amount of marijuana you could possess and grow.

And on the federal level, make sure your member of Congress will vote to legalize marijuana federally and take it off the controlled substances act. If a federal election comes up and both the Democrat and Republican candidate running is against you, all of you should register to vote in the primaries to challenge a hostile incumbent. And if the candidates from both main parties that wins the primary is against you, all of you should vote in droves for a libertarian or Green party candidate. Even if they dont win, its important to try and send a message to the other 2 parties in the next election. 

Whenever a bill regarding marijuana policy is introduced in your state or in congress, all of you should email your representatives to vote for it. Theres power in numbers. This is what its going to have to take to get marijuana legal federally and in every state. There needs to be an NRA equivalent for marijuana. If all of you dont do this, then nothing is going to get better. I know this sounds extreme but its gotta happen.

Theres supposed to be around 20-30 million or more marijuana smokers in the United States. If just half of them stopped being marijuana smokers and started becoming marijuana voters, things would become a lot better. Let the politicians know that by taking an anti marijuana stance, they will lose more votes than gain. 

2. Yes, I agree. You all gotta do something about it.

3. I've been voting in every election since 2008. Local, state, presidential, etc....

The process is skewed. If the feds don't like a certain law they will just strike it down. Look at the medical marijuana laws. Perfect example.

I still vote but it's really their decision in the end.

4. Your just one person. Other marijuana users need to do the same thing. 

5. Voting single issue on anything is dumb. Marijuana is much less important to me than fiscal policy.

Marijuana just isn't that big a deal when compared to other things.

That being said I did vote for Ron Paul in the republican primary, but not because of his stance on marijuana.