Who here plays Guitar?

Discussion in 'General' started by Steelson, Jul 1, 2012.

1. If you do, post your guitar/amp setup...

If you don't, learn to play one!

I have a 1971 fender strat black & white with a triple stack marshall :smoke::smoke::smoke:

2. what about bass? can I post my bass rig? or is that forbidden?

Anyway, I have a 1966 Kay guitar.

A 2005 fretless BC Rich Warlock

A 2003ish Art & Lutherie acoustic

I don't have a guitar amp because... well... I'm not a guitar player.

3. :p
    post that bass rig bro

4. Yay!

Olympic White 1962 Fender Jazz bass with Tortoise pickguard

1951 Fender Precision bass with stripped finish

1969 Acoustic 360/361 Cabinet (18" Speaker!)

Acoustic B200 Practice amp

5. I got a Les Paul special II and a shitty peavey amp as my learners kit, I also have an eleca acoustic that I used in high school. (sorry I dont have pictures) Still haven't really learned, I'm hoping when I start college either this year or next year I can take lessons again and actually stick to it cause its really one of the biggest things on my "to do" list.

6. i play a 1973 telecaster, semi hollow body, thin line neck, hotrail in the bridge pickup.

marshall half stack.

7. To the music section this goes! How long you been playing though Steelson?

8. Fender Eric Johnson signature strat
    Fender American special strat with custom shop 69 pickups
    Gibson SG 61 reissue
    Fender Hot Rod Deluxe III 45 watt

9. Damn, sweet set up OP.

I've got an Alvarez steel string acoustic that's my daily jammer, and a shitty little Epiphone SG when I want to make some noise.

10. 8 years

11. #11 Sunshine86, Jul 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2012
    Guitars:
    Fender American Standard Telecaster (ash body with a natural finish and maple fretboard)
    Fender Mustang (Olympic White with a red tortoise pickguard and rosewood fretboard )
    Fender Standard Stratocaster (Arctic White with a maple fretboard)
    Rickenbacker 330 (Jetglo finish)
    Gibson SG Standard (Cherry finish)
    Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Ebony finish with gold hardware)

I'm trying to get rid of the Strat and Les Paul to help fund a Jaguar. To round out my collection, I'd eventually like to replace my Strat with an American-made model with a rosewood fretboard and add an ES335 and another Tele or three. A Goldtop Les Paul would be cool too but I barely play the one I've got and I can't really justify $2000+ for a guitar I won't use that often (especially when there are plenty of others that I would).

Amps:
    Vox AC15HW1X
    Vox AC4H

Pedals:
    Earthquaker Devices Chrysalis OD
    Blackout Effectors Whetshone phaser and Twosome fuzz
    Empress Vintage Modified Super Delay

12. #12 sky dog, Jul 2, 2012
    Fender American Standard Stratocaster (white body, gold pickguard, rosewood fretboard)
    Fender MIM Stratocaster (sunburst, tortoiseshell pickguard, maple fretboard)
    Epiphone Les Paul (cherryburst, rosewood fretboard)
    Kalamazoo KG-2 (red, rosewood fretboard)
    Montana acoustic

I have a small Vox amp and also a Line 6 Spider III for my main amp

13. I had an Blue Gibson Acoustic Guitar but the thing was the strings weren't properly tuned right and it was mixture between steel and metallic which often brought splinters on my fingers.

After from giving up, I decided that I'll settle for an electric guitar. Which one do you recommend? I heard the Fender Stratocaster is a nice beginner, I want to do more than strumming, I want to be able to go across the fret-board, sucks being the only African that doesn't know how to play an single riff. :(

14. I have 2 guitars an ibannez and a shectar diamond series.
    And a spider 3 amp.

15. ^^ I always wanted an Ibanez, such an unique intriguing sound.

16. #16 Demiurge, Jul 2, 2012
    Just got back into it after a 4 year hiatus. Was looking around online a month back and found that my local guitar center(Terrible store I know) had a used rg7321 for $250 and I could not resist. It has a few chips and has some issues that will hopefully be solved when I get it set up.Been wanting to get into extended range for some time now. I'm running it though a P.O.S spider 15 watt just because I only had $100 left but once I find a job I will either get a decent pod or one of the new bugeras. Then hopefully save up for an Agile 7 & 8 string. Then save up for an Engl head and vader cab, or make my own. THEN save up for a custom mayones.

edit/ Triple stack? That is not necessary what so ever.

17. Schecter Hellraiser C-1 black cherry! So sexy

Also peavey 6505+ head :metal:

18. I've got a $160 acoustic guitar. Brand is "Great Divide"

Seriously the best guitar i've played, and I've played a few martins/expensive guitars. The ONLY thing wrong with it is abnormally high action, which I've already gotten used to.

I have an electric epiphone les paul (copy), it's okay, but I prefer the acoustic by far...

Been playing for 6+ years, mostly solo chord jazz stuff like Joe Pass (my favorite guitarist)

19. The Strat is a nice, versatile guitar-Depending on the pickup configuration (HSS or SSS) it is capable of most any tone. I'd suggest going to a music store, playing a variety of guitars, and seeing what you're most comfortable with. If you decide you do want a Strat, shoot me a PM and we may be able to work out a deal.

20. [quote name='"shaddytheman"']^^ I always wanted an Ibanez, such an unique intriguing sound.[/quote]

Hell yeah, it was my starter guitar, i love the style of it and the way it feels when you play compared to the way other guitars feel. I played/tested alot of guitars, im very picky with the feel of it. Thats why i chose my schectar (diamond series) as my second guitar, this guitar is way more expensive and i love it alot. But sometimes ill go back to my ibannez and just shred shit up :)

What type of guitar was your starting guitar?