Who here likes to jam out?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Kersplash, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Who here likes to get together with a couple friends and just play music. There is truly nothing like it.

2. It's the best feeling in the world to just create music with friends, communicate without speaking.

I just love so much when we're jamming and what we're playing sounds really good, and we all just can't stop smiling and laughing.

3. Its a sick feeling when your with 1 or 2 other people, and get a sick rhythm going, and switch back and forth on solo's for an hour. It's awesome having a friendly competition like that, not to mention a damn good practice

4. fuck yea getting extremely stoned while doing it is even better

5. I LOVE to bring out my guitar and harmonica and jam away with a few buds.... especially after a fatty :D.
    there's a local bar/ squat here that has a group jam every month.... fucking awesome tons of people with all kinds of instruments... jammin away smokin fatties...

it's a great time!

peace and happy tokin,
    hippy

6. I love jammin' with friends.

Anybody hear ever use a loop pedal whenever nobody is around to jam with? I love my looper and it has allowed me to get much better.

7. Jammin goes pretty hard.

8. i really want to start doing it, but i get nervous when im playing around other people and i dont play as well... im still gonna do it tho.

does anyone have any tips on jammin out in general?

9. the only tips i can think of are just feel it out and try not to over think it, when you start thinking too much is when you start messing up
    just relax and have fun

10. yea, that makes sense.

11. whats the longest continuous song or jam you've ever played, as in longest time you've spent jamming without stopping

12. lol how does a loop pedal help you?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvEtPr3YsRY]YouTube - Paul Gilbert Solo Ass Arpeggios[/ame]

13. a loop pedal allows you do lay down a rhythm track so you can improvise leads over it as well as figure out secondary rhythms that will fit and make your song sound cooler. its the not quite the same as playing with someone but is really beneficial when your by yourself