who here knows about motorcycles?

Discussion in 'General' started by ChiefBuddha, Nov 28, 2012.

1. I'm looking into buying a 1976 honda cb motorcycle and i found one for a good deal but I just have to replace the stator so i can connect the headlights... does anyone know if this is something i can easily do myself and how much it will cost me? thank you!

2. Old CB's can be pretty shitty man. Id make 100% sure that your willing to pump the necessary money to keep it running and what not

3. Replaced the stator in my 06 GAZE for about 200$ installed. Not hard if you know what your doing but very easy to fuckup

4. Really? Damn. I just really like the style of them and they're about the only thing I can afford I like in the price range I have. I want a Triumph but it seems I need atleast 3k for one of those. Do you know of any other kinds of bikes that looks similar to the vintage style of the cb's?

5. Go on craigslist and see if people around you are selling Refurbished or Rebuilt Cafe Racer bikes :smoke:

A lot of people do these cool project bikes thatre like cafe racer style bikes and they build em like new and sell em for fairly cheap or you can get someone elses project bike that only needs some really minor work that someone needs to get rid of for whatever reason.. like moving etc

Decent starter bikes thats fer sure :smoke:

6. Lol, I rode my old CB350 twin across the USA a couple of times. It was a piece of crap back then, and that was over 30 years ago. I did have some fun though...

7. i secdond the craigslist motion, thats where i got my bike, 1994 yamaha virago for 1800, been a great bike thus far, craigslist is a great place to check before spending money elsewhere imho, just look out for dumbasses, when i was looking for my bike i once took a 300 mile trip for a bike that looked to be a GREAT deal, talked to the guy beforehand and he told me it was in great condition and everything, no problems, half way down there, says carbs need cleaned cus its been sitting but nothing else is wrong with it, we get there and the damn thing had been attacked with a crowbar by drunks and it didnt even come close to running... i was PISSSED and drove the 280 miles back home, complete and utter waste of fucking time, so please do watch out lol

• Agree Agree x 1