Who here is into archery? what can you tell me about the sport

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Sc0pe, Dec 9, 2013.

1. i just ordered a compound bow of ebay, should arrive in a week
    any injuries i have to look out for aswell?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Briefly got into it as I try to branch out from typical camping/fishing activities. I would take it to a bowyer or someone who can inspect it because fiberglass would be the worst thing to explode and get pieces stuck in you. All I can say is, practice practice practice. And gain and understanding of the physics behind the shot as well for better placement.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Compound bows are awsome I had a PSE with a 60lb draw when I was 15. I used to practice everday, was able to group 3 arrows into a bullseye at 40 yrds. I definitely would like to get back into it, I would probably go with Mathews for my next one.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Mathews? is that a brand? i dont know what material this one is made of but what would be a good material for a bow?

5. Yea Mathews is a good all around brand and I think the newer bows are made from a composite like graphite and/or carbon fiber. Graphite is better than fiberglass, its stronger and lighter. There also usually aircraft quality aluminum on the inside of the bow.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. #6 lFourTwenty, Dec 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2013
    I have a couple compounds that I use for deer hunting. I would recommend Hoyt, Bear, PSE, Matthews, Mcpherson, or bowtech. Those brands make very nice bows.

Wouldn't worry about injuries, just practice basic safety. If your bow has a peep site, make sure you are using it correctly or you might fire up your left arm on the release..stings a bit.

7. I think this brand is called Atunga, i live in australia so i dont know if we have different ones, dont know the material either

8. i need to get a bow. i haven't had one since i was a kid.

9. I figured it would be a nice hobby to get into, might come in handy aswell in some sort of disaster for hunting