Who here is a Christian?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by lalalie, May 11, 2012.

1. I've seen mostly Atheist threads, which is totally fine with me of course just I can't really relate to it because I'm Christian.

Is there anyone else out there? :wave:

2. Catholic here!

3. I'm Christian but I don't agree with "religion", its all about relation and actually knowing God not just his rules

4. there is only one GOD, and one mediator between GOD and man, the man Jesus Christ, who gave HIMself as a ransom for all, to be testified in due season.

5. I think the OP would be better posted as, "who here thinks they are a christian?" because certainly some people on the GC forums call themselves Christian but are the furthest thing from it.

6. I'm a Christian. I'm not perfect, but I try to live my life in Love. Too many people call themselves Christians and yet they don't have love in their hearts.

7. I'm a Bob, hi Christian!

8. #8 Marsdude, May 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2012
    Hello,

I am an EX- Christian who currently works for a Christian ministry. I am not a Pastor, but I studied to be one and know the Bible quite well. I have worked in Christian ministry for about 35 years.

I an now an Ex-Christian because I have always thought the best philosophy in life was to seek the truth. In this pursuit I have come to the conclusion, based on what the Bible says and my life experience that the Bible is most likely NOT the word of God.

Now, I have no idea if the whole idea of God coming to Earth as Jesus is true or not - nor do you - nor does anyone.

I find it interesting that people who would never think of buying a car with out actually seeing the thing would base their whole world view on a religion or philosophy that can not be proven, measured, or quantified in ANY WAY! -

I find it interesting that the majority of mainstream Christians have adopted a conservative political view - which is TOTALLY opposite of what the Bible preaches -

I find it interesting that Christians, although they are told that they just need to "have faith" and that they are "not of this world," continue to try to mold society into their own world view - therefore denying various social freedoms to thousands of people -

BASED ON A BELIEF!

I will leave you with a question.

Shouldn't we define ourselves who we are by what we actually KNOW, not by WHAT MIGHT BE?

9. When did it become a bragging-right to be tolerant of atheists?

10. I don't think it technically is. Being tolerant of atheist would be something Jesus would do. It'll be a cold day in hell before the majority of christians do what Jesus would do. :D

11. Majority of the Christians I know are hypocrites.

Saying one thing to put themselves in the light, while acting in darkness.

12. I can never help myself from entering these threads, because I need to see proof that people are still believing a jacked up story.
    No offence, I just don't get it.
    Agnostic atheist here.

13. [quote name='"Marsdude"']Hello,

I am an EX- Christian who currently works for a Christian ministry. I am not a Pastor, but I studied to be one and know the Bible quite well. I have worked in Christian ministry for about 35 years.

I an now an Ex-Christian because I have always thought the best philosophy in life was to seek the truth. In this pursuit I have come to the conclusion, based on what the Bible says and my life experience that the Bible is most likely NOT the word of God.

Now, I have no idea if the whole idea of God coming to Earth as Jesus is true or not - nor do you - nor does anyone.

I find it interesting that people who would never think of buying a car with out actually seeing the thing would base their whole world view on a religion or philosophy that can not be proven, measured, or quantified in ANY WAY! -

I find it interesting that the majority of mainstream Christians have adopted a conservative political view - which is TOTALLY opposite of what the Bible preaches -

I find it interesting that Christians, although they are told that they just need to "have faith" and that they are "not of this world," continue to try to mold society into their own world view - therefore denying various social freedoms to thousands of people -

BASED ON A BELIEF!

I will leave you with a question.

Shouldn't we define ourselves who we are by what we actually KNOW, not by WHAT MIGHT BE?[/quote]

Truth is we don't know a damn thing. All we know is we are here. Whatever "this" is, I'm just glad i get to experience it

14. fixed

15. #15 Perpetual Burn, May 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2012
    You don't get this? This is retarded?

Do ye anti-Christs have any clue what you're talking about? :laughing:

I was an anti-Christ. I started reading the New Testament just to shit on it... then I got to the Sermon on the Mount (above quote) and I was like, 'Fuck! This guy is a genius.'

---

I'm a Jeffersonian Christian (and Republican.) Take out all the miracles (although they are simply parables that teach deeper understanding) and what you're left with is one of the most philosophically sound works in human history. It's the Bible for a reason.

16. Do you? lol
    What you've just posted was written by whom?

17. #17 Perpetual Burn, May 14, 2012
    Oh, the Sermon on the Mount resonates quite powerfully with me... because it's loaded with cognitive dissonance (something Western thinkers don't get along with.)

That's a direct quote from Jesus Christ.

Written by someone we will never know... it's a popular fact that neither Matt, Mark, John or Luke actually wrote any of their books but were rather written down by people who were told the stories by them.

I don't think Matt, Mark, John, Luke or even Jesus ever actually existed. Yet, those words you just read are right there for the reading... and those words (and all words) are the word of God.

18. #18 PsilocinTHC, May 14, 2012
    Says who?
    So if I came across a piece of text that told me to massacre an entire village, that would be the word of god?

19. #19 Perpetual Burn, May 14, 2012
    The Bible... which, as far as I know, is the only source in the world that references a Jesus of Nazareth. Which supports the idea that it's all fictional.

Yes.

But the idea that you would have to do so is a duality. So, you could just be like 'No thanks.' :wave:

20. :eek:

Is any further proof needed to convince people that religion can lead to crazy thinking and is in fact dangerous?