who here has 0 oder coming from there grow

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by 87rx7chick, Jan 22, 2010.

1. ok so i would like to know who here has achieved 0 oder using carbon filters with negitive/vaccume pressure inside their grow tent and possibly an ozone generator.

i am going to start growing again only if i can have 0 oder.

2. That was driving me nuts...but I didn't want to be a dick :D

3. Me.

Here...http://forum.grasscity.com/grow-room-design-setup/327912-new-grow-room-9.html

I can harvest 30 ounces, trim and hang to dry in the "Main Area" closet, and I can leave the door to the Main Area open, and there is zero smell. None.

I don't use a grow tent, but the concept remains the same, I would think.

You can do it if I can!

4. sorry about the spelling error. my spell check doesnt work in title bars.

Bud Nukem thanks for sharing that with me. there is no way i am building what you have built. i need something more fly-by-night incase i have to tear down everything at a moments notice.

curious where you vent to. into the attic?

nice room btw
    :hello:

5. any body else?

6. Yeah its totally possible. What you want is an overpowered fan/filter. Make sure the fan is considerabley higher cfm rating than the room would usually need. A high degree of suction is needed in order to keep all the smell contained. Otherwise some of it will gradually leak through the seams/intakes on your tent. The filter needs to be considerably oversized in comparison to your fan. for instance a 256cfm fan might want a 500cfm filter. And in this scenario you want to place it at the end of your system. THat way the fan blows it to filter but because the filter is so large it the air diffuses slowly over time and has maximum contact time with the filter. This is how you obtain maximum smell reduction. Another option is to again use an overly rated cfm fan but this time use two filters. You can attach a filter at the front and end of your system... THese filters you would want to rate the same as your fan(500 cfm fan/ 500 cfm filter). Again the idea is to increase the contact time. By having 2 filters you clean it once spread it out over the course of your ducting and then filter it again. Either scenario will cost you about the same and they work the same ive used them both. And i grow some pretty large numbers for a 1 bedroom apartment completely smell free(it would have to be or anyone would smell it). anymore questions let me know. if science has found a way to vape weed at a 300 or so degrees im sure we can find a way to smell proof you a grow lol.

7. Bump Buddha88
    Great advice. It's all about contact time. Also make sure your hoods are sealed good if your running a closed loop for your lights.

8. Thanks bro and yeah hoods can cause a problem. Thats why in my opinion you always want a filter as the last part of your setup... that way regarless of leaks or whatever, the last thing that air has a chance to do before it sees the outside world is spend some quality time with carbon :D

9. You guys that are using carbon filters, are they the home made type from the DIY section?

If so do you guys have to swap out the carbon at all or how long do they last?

Thanks

10. Thanks very much for the compliment. It is much appreciated!

I vent out through the roof, in a regular 12" exhaust roof vent. The air is cooled as it passes through the attic, so there is no signature of heat; no more than a bathroom fan blowing 74 degree air out would raise suspicions, I hope. :eek:

Fly by night may be tougher to accomplish, though. The principle being absolute sealing of the area, so ALL of the air leaving must pass through a Carbon Filter, period.

That's the trick to it, as I see it, and hopefully, there will be a way you can achieve that desired result.

:cool:

11. This was something I was kicking around in my head, I'm looking into my first grow also, would a normal size fan n filter with like a downy dryer sheet next to/ over the exhuast, or some kind of ordor eliminator. I'm on my phone so I can't look at who said it but someoneentioned using two filters, why do you need to use a larger fan? Could using a larger fan hurt your process at all, hurt it or do nothing?? ( i mean the grow not odors)

12. It won't take long to discover that things such as: Fabric Softener sheets, incense, candles, sprays, and yes, EVEN Gels, will eventually just not cut it sometime after you switch to 12/12.
    or maybe even during 18/6 in some case, strain specific, of course.
    Carbon filter/inline fan is the best way to go. I'm surely not going to be in the market for an ozone generator anytime soon, just because of the health concerns involved.

13. i think he's saying use both scrubber and fabric softener...which should do a good job