Who here fucking hates there job?

Discussion in 'General' started by whos_gotherb311, Oct 7, 2009.

1. So who else is with me? Due to the availability of the type of work, and ease of getting hired I have worked a number of customer service oriented jobs in a call center over the last 3 years. I recently moved to a new state, and got my first job here about two months ago. I work at what used to be Countrywide, the mortgage lender, which was taken over by Bank of America. I assist with a certain type of real estate transactions and get calls mostly from real estate agents expecting me to provide an answer to there every question, heres what I FUCKING HATE about it.

- I have to sit at a desk chained to a headset 8 hours a day
    - 2/3 of the day the calls are back to back, no break in between each call
    - I get fucking MICRO managed by 3 bosses, yeah, 3 fucking bosses
    - Our computer system, and the logistics/process we have to get these real estate transactiosn resolved fucking SUCKS and it often takes 6+ months to get one done.
    - A large percantage of the calls I get Im getting yelled at and accused of sucking by angry real estate agents and home owners, and when I cant provide a solution to there problem (due to the aforementioned shitty ass logistics we have going on) I get yelled at even more!

Fucking A man, it sucks. Im really fed up with this job, and working in customer service/phone monkey jobs in general, but goddamn can I get payed. We have mandatory overtime about 4 hours per week, and voluntary overtime of up to 12-15 more hours where I get paid 18.50/hr and those paychecks are pretty nice.

So lets hear it guys post your frustrations about your line of work.

2. I love my job. For reals.

3. I worked at a call center for AT&T. That was my last job. I didn't like it, so I quit.

4. Dude, my last job was at a call center for AT&T. We were actually an out sourced company though, I did tech support for Uverse. It was alright I guess, good and bad about it.

5. yup.

But i have a job so i'm not complaining.

6. At my job I cut fruit for 12 dollars an hour. Isn't that awesome?

7. Trimming bud for 15 years gets old! Job in my sig.

8. school is my job...

fuck that :smoking:

9. You get paid to go to school? Like scholarships and what not? What about money for other random stuff?

10. no i don't get paid to go to school

schools the only thing I have to do. I wish I had a job so i could have bud money..

11. At the moment i'm jobless... :(

The last job i had i hated though.
    Was a waiter at a local mexican restaurant, could barley understand my boss, and on top of that i got bitched at for every little mistake i made.

One good thing about it though was the tips were really good on a busy night, sometimes i could make 60-70$ a night just in tips alone. Also everybody that i worked with in the front of the restaurant were stoners :smoke:

After every night at work we would take our tip money and go buy an eighth at least. Then hot box a car. Even though i hated working that job, there were some cool people that i worked with.

12. Your talking about college though right? Do you not have a car and have to pay for gas and insurance? cell phone? Man, Ive got plenty of expenses I can just start going down the list starting with rent being the biggest....

13. no, not college yet. Still shoveling my way through the shitpile of high school :cool:

14. Ah, good ol' Uverse. It's sad that I still remember so much about that shit. The place I worked for was an out-sourced company as well. I quit working there because all of the people in charge were complete dicks. It wasn't even the complaining customers and understanding all the various information about the devices and service changes. It was just a hostile work envirnment and I hated every second of being there.

15. I work at a video store...typical stoner job...and they gave me 16 hrs this week, which isn't enough--I'm not in school or anything else...I got a call from work yesterday saying that my 16 hrs were cut from the schedule. When I went in to ask about it, the boss was like, "it's a payroll thing" Like...wtf. Does anyone else have these kinda problems with their job cutting hrs? It's bullshit!!

16. You should be able to file for unemployment, as long as your looking for a better job.

Dude Rock4Light you did Uverse support as well? Do you live in Texas or Arizona? My job was in San Antonio Texas and I had it made because I had the laziest supervisor in the whole center. I met him once my first week of training, and didnt see him again for 3 months. I never once listened to one of my calls in the 7 months I worked there, and I would hang up on people all the time.

17. I learned a little about Uverse. I got enough calls about it to know that I hated it and didn't want to have anything to do with it. I'm from Tennessee and worked at this place called Convergys. And, that sounds like cake. My supervisor (we called 'em TL's, short for team leader) was such a nerd and wanted to do really well. He monitored everyone at least once a week, sometimes he would hit the same person twice. It was ridiculous. He was also a leading factor in my hatred for the job.

Isn't Halifax down somewhere around there?

18. I hate not having a job.. it sucks when you cant support your habits.. it sucks even worse when your habits cant support you....but with that said, ill still quit my current job in a heart beat! If only i was garunteed like a back up job..lol.. i work at BK and yeah, i have spat in someones sandwich before..

19. I use to have a job just like that, whos_gotherb311, when I worked for Dell in Nashville. Made some good money but I learned to hate it pretty quickly. I worked there for two years, though. I was just employed by Motorola to work on their marketing team and start in mid October so we'll see how that goes.

20. Yeah, I hate the fact that I have a "dead end" job (server), but at least I'm currently employed, and I make cash every day, so I'll deal with it. :)