Who hear listens to Ab-Soul? And what's your prefered toke playlist?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by SimbaTDE, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Soul has music that just goes perfect while you're ripped. Anyone feel the same?
    *here* in the title

2. I love ghostface killah or some Deltron 3030, but I also have alot of influence from pyschs, so I love Psy-trance like Infected Mushroom.

3. Hell yea Ab soul is the hottest right now

4. Yeah Ab-Soul is basically the only rapper I listen to these days. Pineal Gland and Nibiru are on constant rotation. I like terrorist threats and the book of soul too, but Nibiru and Pineal Gland are just on a different level.

5. [quote name='"didier12"']Yeah Ab-Soul is basically the only rapper I listen to these days. Pineal Gland and Nibiru are on constant rotation. I like terrorist threats and the book of soul too, but Nibiru and Pineal Gland are just on a different level.[/quote]

Word, I practically only listen to him and the rest of Black Hippy. His wordplay is 10x as great when you're high. Perfect music to listen to win baked

6. FUCK I'M DOIN' TALKIN' BOUT PINEAL GLAAAAAANDS?!?

Soulo is too sick. I really fuck with the songs he does with Schoolboy Q too.

7. Man do you guys know what he's rappin about in niburu and terrorist threats? If you don't look more deeply into it. It's ancient history and spiritualism that influences his writing and it's what makes him so unique

8. #8 didier12, Oct 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2012
    Yeah man knowing the concept behind Nibiru makes it so much better. "Might even make your poles shift when I'm coming through, my orbit is a bitch on her menstrual"

9. I look at the lyrics as I'm listening to any of his songs and start analyzing the words. (I can thank my senior English teacher) like on Nibiru, it took me a few listens to get that he was rapping though the planet's point of view. And all the spiritual/ ancient history fits in perfectly. I feel smarter when I listen to Ab-Soul, like no joke. His music actually has a message/meaning in them. Not like most shit played on the radio

10. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abkuhb--t0o&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

11. #11 Terrorist, Oct 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2012
    I'll have to check him out, sounds like the kind of music that would interest me.

Rebelution, The Expendables. Other things that are probably very common, Eric Clapton, Bob Marley, Tupac, Cypress Hill, Kottonmouth Kings, Eminem, Ice Cube, Sublime, even some Will Smith lol.

Oh and recently I've been really into Mad Child from Swollen Members, I think it's really cool that he's clean from unmentionables. Also I really like Wax and Dumbfounded. Well I listed pretty much everything that I listen to on a regular basis, although i do listen to a lot of random shit here and there. But my favorites out of those would have to be Rebelution, The Expendables, Mad Child, Wax, and Dumbfounded.
    :bongin:

12. Ab-Soul rips, love SOPA.Schoolboy Q's verse is ignant as fuck!

13. Hot Rod beat me to it.

14. #14 seaofbliss, Oct 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2012
    that annunaki flow

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHQZ2c1Iazs]Ab-Soul - Nibiru (Prod. by JMSN) - YouTube[/ame]

15. Solo and the rest of Black Hippy are changing the game. They're all so damn good, each with their own style, and when they come together shits always hot!

16. I know this thread is 2 years old now, but I'm gonna bring it back to life haha. Ab-Soul's new album is coming in 9 days, called "These Days". So far it seems amazing. This song, which is one of the songs on the album, might be one of the best smoking songs I've ever come across in my life. Give it a listen:
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yMNg71tYaJo