Who has used UVB supplementary lights?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by wombat#, Jun 29, 2019.

Tags:
  1. I turned on the uvb lights that i have added for 6 hrs in the middle of the 'day' cycle.
    Has anyone else used them?
    It is supposed to increase the production of resin because of the plant stress.
    I have 4 x 13w uvb 10 spiral compact fluros added to an hlg 260 in a 80cm x 80cm space over a single scrogged plant.
    It is now day 56 and the uvb 's have been on for 10 days and i would like to think there are a few more trichomes than at the same time as the last grow but that's a hard call and it may be affecting the terpenes negatively ,they seem less lemony.

DSCN4309.JPG DSCN4312.JPG DSCN4315.JPG

2. Wow 6 hrs on straight at on time ?
    Fuck me , on a sativa strain that plant would be toast .
    I have mine set up on a cyclier 1 min on 15 minutes off for sativa

3. They look ok so far , just a few leaves up against the mylar have brownish points.
    Where did you find your info on using the uvb?
    One older post i read in thcfarmer had them on for the full twelve hours,he made a comment about being like the sun, so i thought six was being conservative,.

4. I have used the same bulbs on my gg4 plants but made the mistake of turning them on for 12 hrs for the last two weeks and by the end regretted it and tried it one more time after that and had same out come just not as bad. All it did to my plants was cook tricoms I would suggest if your planning to use the uvb it should be timed and come on and off several times for sort burst on but as for how long on or off. Just my option. I’m still hunting the web for intel. But good luck keep us posted.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. California light works give some guild lines .
    Two issues is one the light needs to be 3 ft away from the plant which is a issue for me because I like growing lager indoor plants and Sativa burns easier then Indica .
    I think they recommended 6 hrs for indica per day and 4 hrs for Sativa .
    I was burning my plants , so I put the light on a timer cycler .
    So far I am not that impressed with the light.
    I also haven't applied myself in setting up the light at the right times at the right distance .

6. I thought I read that you just want the uvb on last two hours before lights go out. I may pick one up from hlg and give it a shot in the future.

7. Thanks for all the input, I have them on a timer now - on for 15 mins each hour over 6 hrs in the middle of the light cycle.
    The lights are about 18" away from the tops and so far i can see that the serrations on some leaves are pointed up along with some tips which is a sign of stress which is the general idea , but there is no bleaching yet so i am going to keep them on for now , i reckon there is about a week or so to go before the flush. It's wait and see for now for any differences, i think. DSCN4325.JPG DSCN4326.JPG DSCN4327.JPG DSCN4328.JPG

8. Looks like the leaf tips are curling up ! looks like the top leafs are folding together too
    The burn doesn't show up for a few days ..