Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Who has tried HARLEQUIN (hi CBD)?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by sidmigraine, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Hello all, I just received some Harlequin after a long search for High CBD strains in my area. I suffer from a constant headache (28 months now) along with anxiety, depression, insomnia, the works. I tried ACD/DC (pure CBD) but didn't feel enough pain improvement and it didn't touch my nausea. I wanted to try Sour Tsunami but it is nowhere around my area. I will be trying out the Harlequin today or tomorrow but am still a little nervous as this is only my second time toking in 14 months (besides trying out the AC/DC recently), so I'm a bit nervous that it has a decent amount of THC (as compared to AC/DC), even though it is reallllyy low.

Has anyone had experiences with this strain on here that can tell me what to expect? I vaporize my herb. More than anything else I need relief from this headache. NOTHING touches it… well not unless i spend 4 hours at the ER to get a morphine injection a few times a year…

thanks guys

~sydney

2. Imitrex does not work?

The high cbd may not be even close enough to kill a migraine.

Any and all stains make my headaches worse, so I avoid smoking when I have one.

3. Sorry I don't have any answers for you. I hope you tell us how the smoke is "If you use it". I'm a very new user to marijuana. The only strain i have used is a very high sativa. I didn't like it. I have been looking for reviews of Harlequin. I definitely going to get some, but I have to wait till October to buy some in Oregon. Leafly has some good reviews.. I Hope it works out for you .

4. I obtained harlequin, and it was being promoted as a strain that didn't get you stoned. But I am sensitive to THC, and it does sedate me, like an indica.

My wife has severe migraines, and she NEEDS a sativa with THC to deal with. Her MD's Rxs couldn't stop them, unless she had taken morphine (which she did not like). CBD alone doesn't take care of migraines, but only reduces the pain.

5. #5 wafdof, Sep 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2015
    My wife and I have tried Harlequin and she is not a big fan. Her primary need for Marijuana is for Migraines and I can tell you that just because something is high in CBD does not mean it will help but everybody is different. I like Harlequin, but it seems slightly weak for me (I smoke for arthritis).

Our current Favorites that work for both of us:
    Humbolt<<<Current Overall Fav
    Hash Plant (I think that is the name, from Riverrock dispensary in Colorado)
    Blue Cheese
    Pre-98 Kush
    White Rhino
    White Russian
    Greenleaf (New Mexico)
    Cataract Kush

Decent for my wife's Migraines and I like too:

Purple Kush
    Kahuna shark
    Island Skunk
    Durban Poison

We have tried probably 20+ others in the past year and none of them are anything to write home about.

6. #6 Quantary, Oct 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2015
    I can't recommend a particular strain, it really comes down to just trying a few (or several) with different ratios of THC to CBD. Start with a 1:1 ratio and see how that affects you.

To make matters more confusing, I found a more reliable indicator of the effects are the Indica/Sativa percentages in each strain. It's hard for me to tell the difference in a high CBD strain, they just didn't seem to have enough THC kick - they seemed weak.

THC/CBD ratios

Because you have a mix of conflicting symptoms (Anxiety, depression, insomnia, headaches, drug-seeking behavior) it might be hard to find the perfect strain.

Instead you might go with a couple pulls of an 80% sativa in the AM and 80% Indica after 6pm. I would stay away from 100% sativa strains because they could make you feel anxious and panicky.

There's no strain that will take care of the all of the symptoms you mentioned without addressing whatever is causing them. (they sound pretty serious) Take care of your overall health, eat a clean diet, maybe consider therapy like DBT or CBT which have proven pretty effective for some. Don't abuse pharmaceuticals or street drugs, they have a way of really messing with your psychological well being!

7. although CBD and THC both help people immensely, CBD is not THC. try a thc-heavy strain

8. Have you considered making an oil out of your product? If taken as a suppository you can avoid the high altogether.