Who has the Best Donuts

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by mhughes, Dec 21, 2009.

1. I fiend for sugar like its crack and nothing quite hits the spot like half-dozen or so donuts. So who has Americas best donuts?

I have to give it to Krispy Kremes, their classic glazed are always perfect, and the glazed cream filled are too dank. Their soft, fluffy, sweet and yeasty boxes of heaven
    Dunkin Donuts seem to be everywhere, but i think their donuts taste like shit

Ive tried some local places and they are usually good for somn crazy or unexpected, but when its time to get to the dough, im always thinkin krispy kreme, plus these places tend to be a lil pricier

Publix bakery cooks a mean donut too, some out in Daytona Beach have awesome donuts but the ones in gainesville never come out as tasty.

And perhaps the closest rival to krispy kreme, [insert local chinese buffet here]. Chinese donuts are so simple, the taste is comprised of fried and sugar. They are so simple and deadly delicious

2. Those chinese donuts are hella good though, real talk. But the best donuts, are the local donut store around the corner, hella good, hooks me up with free donuts all the time. Or Southern Maid Donuts are good as well.

3. Cant believe i forgot these, but buying some pillsbury rolls/biscuits cut out a hole (i use bottle caps) then throw them bitches in a deep fryer. Make some glaze out out powdered sugar and milk. These come out so good so fast, i almost bought a lil fry daddy for my apartment, but i knew me and the roomates would be fryin donuts like 5 days a week.

4. Clearly youve never had shipleys donuts. Once you get a taste of a warm, fresh, glazed donut from there, all that krispy kreme shit doesn't cut it.

I'm pretty sure that theyre only in Texas though.

5. atm, I'd say I like dunkin donuts the best. though a fresh Safeway one is pretty good. I dunno if anyone remembers Montgomery Donuts though. they had the factory in northern Mo. Co. MD and I'd go in the middle of the night like 3 times a week in high school. They were open 24/7 and they always were making new batches. The best thing was whenever i'd go in for a single i;d grab a dozen day olds for like $4. but then there was a fire. and they stopped being open all the time for about a year before they just shut down entirely. seriously, best. donuts. ever.

KK aren't bad, esp. if theyre fresh out the oven.

As for flavors, i'd have to go with boston creme is my fave, then maybe bear claw/apple fritter.

6. anyone like fractured prune? i'm not a fan but its a good idea.
    What about dinky donuts?

7. Best donuts on the east coast are at Britts Donuts on the Carolina Beach Boardwalk in Carolina Beach NC. Its a seasonal place and actually has received the title, I guess a place on the west coast was rated better. Theyve been open for 80+ years selling just a glazed donut and its the best tasting donut I have EVER had

8. #9 damncrazylegs, Dec 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2009
    have to say grandma's donuts in bozeman, montana. i dont remember the dudes name but he makes the greatest donuts. no joke, have them and you will judge all donuts based off that standard. all made from scratch, with a lot of wild/local ingredients like wild raspberries. just amazing donuts. so nice his shop was just across the parking lot from my dorm

yeaa, those homemade dounts are the shit

i definitely dig the mom and pop donut shop/bakery, krispy kreme does make some pretty bomb donuts but homemade/made from scratch donuts definitely top corporate-franchise-out-of-tube donuts

9. Cafe Du Mondes, Beignets, New Orleans.