who has the best afghani?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by Odin420, Sep 17, 2010.

1. i was wondering who has the most original strain and the strongest strain of afghani:D

2. #2 pokernaut, Sep 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2010
    i don't KNOW who has the best, but in doing some window shopping for my next purchase, i see that DNA genetics has some and according to the author of the cannabible, DNA genetics is one of the top breeders in the world. he's also fond of DJ shorts & dr atomic. besides that, they've won some recent cannabis cups, so if you got some, i'd imagine it isn't shabby.

if you want to do some homework, read up on all of the reports from the old overgrow database. the info is almost 10 years out of date and many banks are gone now, but it's a good starting point to compare one bank's afghani against another's

here's the search engine i made so it's easier to browse the database by STRAINS as it's organized for browsing by banks which sucks! any time you want the lowdown on strains before around '03, this is a great reference
    overgrow database

you might find some superior afghani too googling cannabis cup results. i'm sure the strain has made the top 3 one or two times in the indica category over the years.

i can also tell you that you should avoid dutch seedbanks for ANY strain. the best breeders these days are american & canadian like the three i named. good luck with your quest.

also try googling
    afghanani grow reports
    &
    afghani smoke reports

there are many other resources that have great strain reporting. i have a ton of links saved in my inbox including a lot of dead links, but if you really want to research your purchase, i can post them here for you.

3. I'm growing a Mazar a Sharif (Afghani) right now and its by far the weirdest plant ever. Huge 5 fingered leaves on its second set from seed and it decided to top itself on the 3rd set lol.

4. just make sure to share a DETAILED (DON'T fucking say "best shit ever!") smoke report when you harvest, OK?

as much as i hate indicas, i was really impressed with the trouble maker (masterkush x hindu kush) frebies i got from doc. at least early in their growth, they weren't skunky at all and the buzz was some of the most potent leaf trim i ever smoked, but without a lot of couchlock. it was a pretty clearheaded happy buzz. i would have liked to use that for breeding. i think afghani is probably "the root of all evil" that i hate so much as it's in almost every hybrid and i hate virtually every hybrid i've ever smoked for couchlocking. oh well.

5. i was looking around for my next grow sometime in the future next year or so for the afghani no rush, now ive decided to do black queen from HGS in canada, 2 hits knocks you out for hours, and 5 hits will knock you out for 6-7, OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH YYYYYEEEEEAAAAAA, need some of that, WW and black zombie, never heard of the zombie, but the WW sounds good, together makes the bomb!:D

6. did you verify that claims googling grow & smoke reports? if you're looking for a 1 hit wonder, AK-47 is proven to be for real. it's more sativa though

7. thanks maybe ill try some of that AK-47, dam so many to choose from, im lost, thinking that WW was good, though never even tried it, and black zombie is said to be a powerful afician strain, so ???? ????? ???????:D

8. there are all kinds of wonderful strains out there to satisfy any taste from the medical user with insomnia who wants to go to sleep with some fruity tasting organic meds to sativa lovers like me who ONLY crave the trippy and energetic buzz that monster sized plants provide no matter what they taste like & to go out in the world and have wild adventures in the twilight zone with 100s of variations in between.

all you have to do is pick your priorities. i tell you, if your tastes lean towards indicas, then maybe you should try THE standard "all purpose" strain, skunk #1. it's easy to grow and has a nice happy buzz without a lot of couchlock and the funk is classic. that's about as close to indica as i can tolerate even if it's 75% sativa. to me, the couchlock makes it feel more like 25%, but that could be because the grower had a hot room and/or harvested late too.

the next best thing to a trippy sativa for me is $57 joey weed C99! it has a nice happy & ENERGETIC (as in hard to sit still) buzz like my 2nd favorite strain ever (so far), kali mist, but she grows about half the size, in half the time and at half the price. if you get her pineapple pheno, the taste can't be shabby either. i've only smoked leaf, but that was better than ANY bud i've ever bought other than the trippy columbian gold i started on or weaker, but still trippy mexican brick. i was GIVEN the kali mist. C99 is suppoosed to be pretty potent too and can induce paranoia like a real sativa, but it's worth it for that "let's have FUN! party! party! party!" buzz. i've always recommended it based on reports by other, but after just sampling some pissweak leaf trim on a stressed out & ready to die plant i pruned to death can definitely say that C99 kicks much ass! try some of that for variety in your grow and bring it with you on any dates you want to get molten lava hot. you'll thank me later.