Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Who has quit smoking cigerettes?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Bud Head, Jan 3, 2003.

1. 10 inches of it.. The 60 deg. weather got rid of it fast though..

We have some more coming by the end of the week!

2. I quit on Nov. 16th...and the night before that I smoked a pack and a half. I didn't even want to quit, but my mom bought me this arricular therapy treatment for $80. Since then I've saved over $240. Since the day I quit I've smoked 5 cigarettes, when I'm out drinking, just as a social smoker...since alcohol and cigs go hand in hand.

www.lc-stopsmoking.com -this is 1 of 3 in the country

If you get an urge to smoke they give you another treatment for free, but if you smoke it costs $50. Since I didn't think they'd be able to tell if I smoked I did and got another treatment without paying. It makes the first 3 days a breeze. After that, it's all in your mind. The other stuff didn't work for me, I mean, how could you quit smoking but still be addicted to nicotine?!

3. Thats a good site..

I am trying the one month smoke down. You go from what ever you smoke a day to nothing over a months time. It has worked for me.. I was a habitual smoker as well as nictine addicted. The nictine in my system has dropped dramaticaly over the last 2 weeks. This will make it easier to quit at the end of the month if you are only smoking 2-3 cigarettes a day..

4. Yeah, nothing like TN weather. Funny how a few inches of snow can completely shut us down. Thursday and Sunday are supposed to get pretty bad. Wish me luck up here in the mountains hehe.

Also, I think the best way to quit smoking is to get a friend for support and go cold turkey. I never was addicted to cigs so I didn't have any withdrawals or anything, but I have a friend who was and he went cold turkey. Everytime he got a craving, he ate a piece of beef jerky.

Must have gone through 4 bags of that stuff before he was good to go.

5. they say that its harder or as hard to quit then crack or some thing like that, lol

6. TN weather... If you don't like the weather today... stay around for a couple days it'll be different.. LOL

Yea I've spent 5.00 dollars on chewing gum.. It gives me something to do besides light another cigarette.

AND GOOD LUCK in the mountains of TN!

7. Why is weed so exspensive? I dont get it is a god damn plant. Why is it ilegal its not like it really does anything i mean recent test have shown that is isnt even as bad a cigaretts.

8. IM THINK IVE EFFECIETLY QUIT CIGGARETTES BUT ITS STILL HARD TO FIGHT THOSE URGES EVEN DO I SAIID NO TO A FRIEND THAT OFFERED ME A CIG AND HE SMOKED IT RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME MAKING IT HARDER TO RESIST TH URGE BUT SOME HOW I DID. AFTER I THINK I CAN SAY NO TO CIGGS EVERYTIME

9. I quit being an occasional smoker, whenever id have no bud id smoke a cigarette. usually about half way through id say "this isn't worth it" and put it out. I tip joints sometimes still, i have unlimited cigarette access ><.

15$ a pack???????? Saskatchewan will indeed be turning to the Indian cigarettes. 200 for 20$ ><

10. Never had to worry about quitting because I never started. I've probably smoked somewhere between 10-20 whole cigarettes in my life. I don't understand why people smoke them. They don't taste great and fail to give you the great feeling of being high off weed. Nothing is nastier then sitting in class when some girl comes in reeking of her 8 AM cigarette. Cancer sticks are repulsive in my mind.

11. I only buy a pack of smokes every month -two months, so I don't really have to worry about quitting.

12. Sup budhead, dident know you posted here too, but yeah i quit about 2 months ago, and i feel great about it

13. i'm workin on it myself. i've got it pretty much pared down to social situations where i'm either smoking drugs (i love calling it that, i don't know why), or drinking. i'm getting close to eradicating the post-bowl stoag, but it makes me peak so much faster, so it's hard. In Texas, where i live, cigs went up a dollar a pack, so i used a 10 dollar off coupon the day before new years on a carton, and i've still got 3 full packs left of it. 7 packs in 30 days, that's pretty stellar if you ask me. of course, i am dipping about 1/3 can a day now, but i've never really had any problem quitting dip, so once i get the cigs kicked, the dip will be easier. it's workin out so far. I've even started vaping, and now my lungs dance for joy. it's nice.

14. I never started, I personally don't like them. I do however smoke like 3-5 cigars a month.

15. i smoke cigarettes after a fine meal, after im high, if im driving somewhere, if im on a break from work, if im bored, if i feel like it.... nothin like a fine stoag sometimes.............

16. I made a thread saying that i was going to quit new years day, once the ball dropped and 31 days later i still havent had a cig. Quitting cold turkey was not hard at all, i had a lot of other activites to do so thats probably why it was easy.

17. i stopped smoking somewhere in july 06, went from a pack a day and it was an instant decision, was outside smokin my last cig of the pack, and i take a big puff, hold it in, blow it out and i still have about half a cig.. im like fuck this and throw it out, just like that havent had one since no cravings no witdrawel or anything, after like 2 weeks u can feel your lugns start to hurt cuz those chemicals arent there to numb em out but after that you can feel improvement

18. I have quit for 4 days now but i am about to say fuck it i went from 3 packs a day to nothing and i fill like i am about to flip shit going to try the gum but dont think it will do shit

19. i stopped January 1st, just thought what the fuck am i doing to my body and how pointless it is

20. I quit smoking after each cigarette but start again when i smoke another