Who has/plays a guitar or bass?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Draconian, Aug 15, 2006.

1. Who plays? If you do what kind of guitar do you got?

2. i play drums guitar bass and keys ....... alvarez acoustic, fender jazzmaster, pearl custom and ziljan 13 " crash, wuhan highs, alesis synth board, and epiphone thunderbird bass

3. i have a fender acoustic.

i play saxophone more than guitar though. i have an early 1960s all silver selmer mark 7. it's a beautiful instrument and i'm hopefully going to have it until the day i die.

4. SG, i used to play now i dont. just lost interest kinda. but ive got a custom epiphone sg

5. Man, i remember you saying stuff about jazz. Do you mean a Mark VI? Mark VIIs came out around 1974...I got a nice 1969 Mark VI tenor, serial # 169 XXX. I know what you mean about having it until the end...this baby's never leaving my sight. It's being overhauled right now, so I'm borrowing my teacher's...his is really nice, model # 84 XXX. But man, that all silver must give it a nice bright sound. I also have a Julius Keilworth black nickel-plated Alto Sax...thing's heavy, but has a great dark sound.

I play guitar and bass too. I have a Gibson SG Standard electric and a Martin acoustic guitar. I have a Fender American Series Hot-Rodded bass.

6. yeah it's a mark 7.

what a brain fart.

do you play with any bands or just on your own?

7. I have this experimental/free jazz group. Most of us are going off to college, so I'll have to find some kids in the Conservatory who don't just listen to straight-ahead.

No one really listens to jam or prog rock bands around here (what I like to play on guitar/bass) so I don't have a band with that. I like sitting outside stoned and just playing acoustic guitar too. It's such an awesome feeling.

Another sweet feeling is going to my lake on a full moon and just playing sax. You get the best vibes from that.

8. an experimental/free jazz group sounds amazing. i could see myself in a group like that rather than in a big bang group playing dance tunes and things like that.

i also absolutely LOVE playing acoustic.

how long have you been playing both instruments?

9. Yeah free jazz is where it's at. So much more raw emotion...and more creativity. To me, be-bop feels restricting to me...something about 4 chord changes a bar tells me that creativity isn't that important. It's all technical...I can play over that shit, but it just gets boring.

I've been playing Clarinet since 3rd grade...Sax since 4th...and Guitar/bass since 5th. I taught myself guitar and bass, but since I know rediculous amounts of classical and jazz theory, I got pretty decent at it.

10. i started playing guitar junior year in high school and i'm going into my sophomore year in college now.

i've been playing sax since 4th grade as well.

same way with the guitar. i knew so much about music from playing for all that time that when i picked up the guitar i was already ahead of the game.

what do you play on acoustic?

11. I like to play mostly folky stuff on acoustic. I try to get my friend who plays classical and jazz guitar to teach me some of the classical fingerpicking, but it boggles my mind. I want to learn how to play bluegrass.

12. classical fingerpicking is mesmerizing.

13. Yeah, and flamenco guitarists are amazing as well. It's rediculous how many different types of music can be made with the same instrument.

14. for now i'm happy playing CSNY, clapton, floyd, zeppelin, doors, eagles, the list goes on but those are the bands i bought tab books for so i'm really learning their songs rather than just looking one particular song up.

15. It's always a good time playing Classic Rock on guitar...everyone knows the songs, so sing-a-longs always break out.

16. i've got a epiphone dot studio. works alright but I'd like to get a full accoustic sometime soon. I mostly play blues/jazz or classic rock.

17. Hey,

Yea I love strummin' I gotta Yamaha EG112 practice guitar.

Peace.

"Making Music is a virus, fortunately there is no cure."
    -Timmy

18. iv got a mexi strat. a silvertone semihollow POS. and an ibanez gsr200 bass.
    a goya acoustic. a yamaha 12 string. and a seagull classical. and a no name mandolin that i got from this crazy guy for $50.

19. Oh yeah. I have a banjo lying around somewhere. And a Martin backpacker guitar...I just leave that in my car so if I want to play guitar somewhere, I can.

20. My sister just brought my mom's old guitar back from up north. It's just an acoustic from the 70s that my mom bought when she was in Spain. I am trying to teach myself how to play, but I'm not the most musically gifted so it's gonna be a bitch I will probably give up lol.