Who has made a Homemade Gravity Bong ?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by ThaPurpleMan, Jul 17, 2010.

1. How good did yours work and what kind of weed strain did you smoke out of it ?
    Look at mine, it works great !

Attached Files:

2. Looks like a regular water bottle bong to me?

I've made plenty of gravity bongs and each has gotten me quite ripped...i love'em.

3. That isn't a gravity bong by the looks of it. But gravity bongs have gotten me plenty a high my friend

4. im pretty sure that's a regular bong, not a gravity bong.. i have a homemade version of each, they rock

5. I would stay away from using tin foil, shits not good for you. Take the 5 bucks you spent on the water bottle and shit and go get a cheap one hitter.

6. It is a real Gravity Bong, its just not filled up with water !

7. im gonna go with tokethegreen that looks like a regular homemade bong to me.
    unless u can explain?

8. I'm %100 certian that is a regular bong.....

9. uhhm first thing i noticed, that looks like a toxic stew of radioactive ingredients to me. First off, waterbottels= no no. there terrible for you and taste like shit. second, silicone= BIG no. it releases toxic fumes with any amount of heat and worst of all makes your hit insanely brutal. the first water bottle bong i made i used silicone and i puked on the first hit it was that bad. and third, thats a regular bong son. unless theres a hole in the bottom, but thats like a regular waterbottle bong with a hole in it, not a g bong haha.

10. Regular bongs have a downstem that sticks into the water, with a mouthpiece above the water chamber. This means the smoke must travel down the tube, through the water, up into the tube, and then through the mouthpiece. That is what that does.

There are also gravity bongs, which involve a large bucket of water, the top of a 2 liter or similar bottle, and a bowl. The cap of the bottle should be pierced. The bowl is placed into the hole in the lid. The bottle is pressed into the water without the cap and then the cap is replaced. While holding a lighter to the bowl, the bottle is pulled up from the water. The vacuum formed causes the smoke to fill the chamber. To clear, the bowl is removed, and the bottle pressed back into the water. This pushes the smoke into the lungs. THis is now what you have made.

On top of that, there are waterfall bongs. A hole is made in the bottom of a bottle. THe cap is pierced, and the bowl is placed in the hole. After plugging the hole in the bottom, the bottle is filled with water. The bowl is put on. While lighting the bowl the plug is pulled out, allowing the water to pour out. THis causes a vacuum similar to the gravity bong. THis causes the smoke to fill the chamber. It can then be inhaled through the top of the bottle once the bowl is removed.

You made a homemade bong. Don't mix them up.

11. Thats a bong bro.

I made a gravity bong 2 days ago for the first time. I had about .1 and was going to make a tinfoil pipe but decided to make a grav. I used a water bottle and a big cup. Not a big grav sesh at all. Just poked some holes in the bottom of the water bottle and made a quick tinfoil screen for the bud on the top on the waterbottle. Worked pretty good but is very messy. But its gotten me the highest a .1 has ever gotton me.

12. This is a gravity bong... Nice attempt though.

[​IMG]

13. Yeah obviously thats a normal bong, But I had a cool ass idea.
    If the OP filled the bottle with water and let it drain out the bottom, just like a grav, but while the water flowed downward, it would still filter the smoke coming in through the downstem. Im hella trippin', but it seems like it would still work.

14. #15 Dr RealGood, Jul 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2010

Yeah, It's called a water flood. If you leave a little water in the bottom of the bottle when you take your hit. It seems to make the hit a little better. I'll post a pic if I get a chance.

[​IMG]

15. I think you're misunderstanding, a bong is not the same as a gravity bong. Bongs are, usually, when not home-made, made of glass, and of the usual design where you have the weed in the bowl on a slide, light it, hit it, pull the slide out (or uncover the carb) and clear the chamber.
    A gravity bong is something like a two-liter or other big bottle, the bottom cut off, in a bucket or other container full of water (or any other liquid, really), and a bowl piece (ratchet heads work great) stuck into the cap, so that you put the weed in the bowl, put flame over the bowl, and pull the bottle upwards, creating suction and pulling the smoke into the bottle, kept airtight by the water in the bucket.

Hope that helps clear that up

16. Dude, my bong is awesome and the hits are perfect

17. I bet it does seem like the shit

You will realize that is not the case eventually

18. It might seem fine, but smoking off aluminium foil is really bad for your health..
    and the plastic PET bottles do let off nasty fumes.

Buy one off grasscity for $13.. Glass Bong - Dutch - Grasscity.com

19. This is called the waterfall bong.:rolleyes: