Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Who has been to Amsterdam?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by im the weedman, Oct 1, 2003.

1. yep gri77on, i can imagine.

shame this is a problm that cannabis will get the blame for, when its clearly a problem thats a result of international drug laws.

what do you expect when there's only one place that has "legal" cannabis available to all. i cant remember which country (switzerland maybe?), but there's one in europe where its legal for all its own citizens, but not for tourists. this is a sensible approach to the problem. in one move they managed to avoid the "narco-tourism" and have improved nearly all the problems associated with having cannabis on the banned substance list.

2. Yea you got the country right but it either never got passed or it did but now it's repealed. I read it on www.norml.org before, but now that page isn't opening. I think some branch of gov't had a vote and it was like 89(for pot) vs 94(against pot). Something close to those numbers.

3. I don't think so.

I think it's due to the fact that sates all over the world are becoming so much more repressive-like, that people do not have a sense of responsability no more.

when you are given freedom, there are responsibilities that comes with it.

And that freedom (I'l have a beer, and a bag'o' skunk; please; smile) is such the graal for some, that they completely shuttdown the responsibillity system...

I wonder what would come out of a coutry that would from one day to another go from prohibition to legalisation.

I rekon the first few years, it would be a disaster for stoner would have to get used to such responsibilities...

+++

I think what should be done in Amsterdam, is that some TEACHING towards narcotourism.

+++

when stoned in the streets; walking whereever that last joint will take me; I consider it MY responsibility to watch were I walk (bicycles, cars, traffic lights, etc etc); where it seems that all stoners I saw, were somehow "immuned" againsta that reponsibility.
    I actually saw an accident (bus vs motorcycle) that was the result of some stonned guy that crossed without looking.
    Now Amstellodamois will in the end say "we don't wan marijuana anymore" BUT THEY KNOW IT IS A PROBLEM FROM TOURISM NOT LOCALS.

could that mean that because we smoke under a repressive system we do not smoke "right" ... ?

4. I have been to Amsterdam this summer and it was great. I also travled to a town called Maastrich in the south of the Netherland and it was cool too.

I noticed a big difference between Maastrich and Amsterdam. In Amsterdam all of the coffeehouses have green leave symbols on them so you see the big green leaf and you go inside. In Maastrich there are no green signs so you need to get a coffeehouse guide off of the internet at www.coffeeshop.freeuk.com (you can also use this for a guide of coffeeshops anywhere in the netherlands) and go to clubs that just have names of cafes. In either city the clubs do offer grass of several flavors, hash of several flavors, snacks, fruit juice, tea, occasionally beer or wine, some have pool tables (the Black Widow in maastrich). Just roll a fatty, pufff and shoot some pool in a public place instead of your friends basement for once. WHAT FREEDOM!!

I DOnt know who you are traveling with etc. But Amsterdam has a huge red light sex/prostitution district. AS I am married and travle with my wife we preferred Maastrich as it is a far smaller town, less hard drug pushers come up to you in the street, the sex trade district is inside the prostitution houses and not in a window view on the street etc. IF you want to go see historic churches, castles, and the city where a post world war I peacee treaty was signed Maastrich is for you. It is also a 40 minuet commuter bus ride from Aachen Germany which has far different archetecture, culture, cathedrals etc. As Maastrich is near the boarder with belgium you can ride a bicycle there about 10 minutes from the rental shop on the west end of town (only 2 in town) also there is a cheap hotel/youth hostel on the west end of town where rooms are under 50 euro a night and you get your own shower and toilet. PS THERE ARE NO BORDER CHECKPOINTS IN THE EUROPEAN UNION ANYMORE SO YOUCAN BRING A BIT OF GRASS WITH YOU TO GERMANY DESPITE THE LAW AND GET THIS
    !!!!!!IMPORTING LESS THAN 5 GRAMS INTO BELGIUM IS LEGAL!

THATS RIGHT LEGAL, check their laws as of this year growing one plant, possessing 30 grams at home, 5 grams on the street, or importing 5 grams is legal. When I went canoeing on the river that is the border I crossed from one nation into another, with joints in my pocket, without being a criminal. It felt good, I felt free. NO STORES IN BELGIUM YET THOUGH