Who has an Iphone??

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Senior__X, Feb 13, 2010.

1. im thinkin on gettin one. how much does ur plan usually run u a month? anything i should know about that phone before i drop 200$ on it? input is appreciated

2. I got the 3gs over the summer and I'm telling you it was one of the best investments that I ever made. I'm on a family plan so my bill is about $50 a month for unlimited everything. In my opinion it is totally worth it.

3. You'll be just like the rest of them... :p

I stick to my CrackBerry instead.

4. I DO!!! And I LOVE it. I don't think I will ever own another phone. I will just keep getting new ones when I am eligible for the upgrades.

iphones are really durable too. I drop mine.... daily, and it is still going strong. Now I obviously don't recommend treating your phone like I do, but I just wanted to mention that because I hear people saying all the time that they would get one but don't want to spend the money when if they drop it one time the screen will break. I have dropped mine flat on the screen so many times, in parking lots, in gravel, I've even dropped the stupid thing down the stairs, and it is still alright.

I feel I should also mention that AT&T does NOT offer insurance on it. You have to get it through apple... I don't really care for this but you buy it upfront and it's like 70 bucks or something for... I forget how long. Just look it up on apple.com It's called that apple care package.

I would look into jailbreaking it as well. I have mine jailbroken and if it wasn't for that I probably would hate the iphone, simply because I refuse to pay for my apps. I have hundreds of apps on my computer, all of which I got for free. Any app store app, and don't be intimidated by jailbreaking. It's so easy now, it takes like one click and you are done. It does void your warranty but as long as you RESTORE if you have to send it in for anything you will be fine, they wont know. It's SUPER SUPER SIMPLE, and YES I have sent mine in before because I upgraded to a beta firmware version like an idiot and once it changed my baseband I couldn't use the phone anymore because without a developer account you can't activate it... whatever lol.

The only reason I mention that is because I just restored it (since it was jailbroken) and sent it in, and they had no problem fixing it ad sending it back. So I know you will be fine simply from experience, but as long as your not a dumb ass like me you shouldn't ever have to send it in anyhow, unless you break it I guess

Long story short. I own an iphone. You should too, lol.

5. nexus one by google destories an iphone, dont waste your time with that non multi tasking piece of garbage

edit

and its cheaper

6. I had one (got a Motorola Droid now) and it costed, on average, about $100 a month. $70 for unlimited talk/text, and another $30 for the data plan.

Got rid of that shit because the screen stopped working, I took it into Apple, and they said they couldn't do anything about it because the water damage sensor in the earphone jack had been tripped. Well yes motherfucker, when you live someplace where it's humid that's gonna happen!

Fuck Apple.

7. get an android phone!

8. The Nexus One is pretty bad ass. I Love my iphone, but I definitely think that Nexus has a great product with the One. It is in fact "better" than the iphone in most of it's specs but I think in the end it comes down to personal preference. I am an iphone user and like the look and feel of the iphone, and the user interface on it.

Also, I don't think you can jailbreak and get free apps for the Nexus One... So there's the deal breaker for me right there. I like the fact that with my iphone I can get any app I want, without paying for it... this way i can test out apps and if they turn out to be junk and something that I would never use... I didn't waste my money. In addition, with a jailbroken iphone you can get a huge variety of third party applications. Things that were denied by the app store, and apps that... frankly I couldn't live without. INCLUDING MULTITASKING APPS LIKE BACKGROUNDER, MITCHY

9. Dude get an HTC. My roommate has an Iphone, and everything his does, mine does, and then mine does more shit. Would you rather been seen as a trendy follower who doesn't even really know phones, or as a guy who knows what's the best and gets it in spite of it's lack of a massive marketing campaign?

The nexus one is an HTC, and the HTC hero is an android platform phone for sprint, I"m sure they have the same phone w/ other carriers just called something different.

10. Alright, I've got to say it. It drives me crazy when people get onto a thread and don't even answer the question. Granted you all are still in the same ballpark with talking about phones but that is like going into a growers hydroponic thread rather than answering their question about hydro telling them that soil is better. Well, that's not what they asked. The thread title says "Who has an iphone" not who has a HTC, or an android, or a One, or anything else.

Now that being said I will give you guys the fact that Out Of The Box... The iphone sucks. It does, but after jailbreaking it is far better than any of the other phones you are mentioning just because of the simple fact that you are not limited to the apps that are provided on your phones app store, and you are not limited to the crappy apple app store either. There is so much third part software out there that can totally transform the iphone into a totally different, and much better phone than anything you have. Not only that but if you want, and know how, you can even develop your own software to use on your phone.

I am a iphone advocate simply for the fact that they are easy to hack, and there is so much more available for them outside of corporate regulated app stores. Not only that, but you can get any app you want for free. I have tomtom GPS on mine that is a $100 app... for free.

Sure these other phones are great too, but first of all.... answer the question that was asked, and second... once you jailbreak an iphone, it is superior to these other phones.

11. What's the best method of jailbreaking my iphone 3gs?

12. I bet you I can call someone faster on my cheap flip samsung than on your iphone:D

13. Jail break + Me + iphone = MY PHONE.

Never will buy another phone, my bill is only around 50-60 a month and I have a tmobile sim car installed so I dont have to deal with at&t.

No other phone can beat the iphone right now its just the truth, I have tried all the others and they just cant step up to the iphone !

14. Blackra1n is by far the best and easiest way now. It takes at most 3 clicks of the mouse. Go to this website. Click to download for either Windows or Mac. Click save file. (connect your iphone to the computer) Go open up Blackra1n, a single box with come up with a single button on it that say Make it ra1n... Click it... end of story

It's really that easy, you honesty cannot mess it up. Once it is done, go onto your iphone and find the icon for Blackra1n, install cydia and icy, and you will then have access to anything you can think of. I would recommend downloading installous as well. You will have to add a source to cydia. If you need help with this let me know, or just search youtube or google, there are infinite tutorials and guides that will show you how to do anything you want to do.

15. I did all that, but theres a picture on my iphone of the itunes logo with a usb cable pointing at it, and I got this message in Itunes: "iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes." What should I do now?

16. I have the first generation iPhone(not the 3g) and I like it alot. It cost me $50 to buy it 3 months ago and it runs me like $35 a month. If you want to save a little bit of money just go with the no video/ video messaging stuff it's worth it to me and it works really good.

Also I've dropped my 1st gen iphone like over 20 times and it works like its new, but I have like 5 friends who have cracked there 3g iphone screen.

17. #17 SmokintheGanj, Feb 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2010
    I've had the Palm Pre for a few months now and I love it. Granted there are a few issues they are greatly outweighed by the excellent functionality of the phone. There is a slight learning curve but it's actually quite simple when you get used to it. It multi-tasks via a card system where you can switch between apps very easily. The camera is also excellent, it precaches so there is no lag between the time you take the picture and when it's saved leaving you with very good quality photos.

It's also very easy to jailbreak, I have all sorts of third party apps and patches that change the interface to my liking. I'm not trying to sell you on the phone but it's an option.

Edit: Palm is also releasing a huge update soon that will give the phone the ability to use flash and record video along side various other format improvements.

18. IPHONES ARE TANKS... not really the screens though

19. Ive owned my 3g for about 15 months now and i absolutely love it. I cant imagine going back to another phone. ONly thing thats annoying is the sleep button and volume buttons sometimes stick. I think it may have something to do with me spilling cranberry juice on it though :confused:

20. that's the sane thing that happened with my iPod touch, fucking pricks should have fixed it for me