who gets there girlfriend to help ?????

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Wonderskunk, May 17, 2010.

1. this is sweet i love when i hear about female growers.

so i just showed your post to my girl and as soon as she relized that ther was a girl who grows and post as well i saw her face change .

so i went out and bought a her a strawberry plant which she is stoked on and she picked up the comp and started to read about taking care of it, pot size , water, then cam up sumthing sweet NUTES as she was reading and me looking over her shoulder they use the same nutes that i use for my plants so i hope this trains her how to mix with out messing my plants up hahahahh j/k

2. no disrespect meant. i disagree about them being smarter, usually thats just a tactic men use and say to them to get pussy. but im not saying men are any smarter. it's just they are generally about equal in intelligence. i do agree though, they are much more attractive. i wouldnt say all women have nurturing skills, lot of them it's the other way around where they need a man to nurture them. basically i don't stereotype any woman(yes, the kitchen thing was a joke), besides looks, men and women are they same to me until they show what they have to offer. it's not that i wouldnt let an inexperienced woman in my garden, i wouldnt let any inexperienced person man or woman in my garden. however if they knew what they were doing or wanted to learn, i would definitely be more than happy to teach them or learn news things from them. now excuse me while i go in my tool shed.

3. :wave:

see how that works, we both came out looking good.

:smoke:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAC9DzV-tGs"]YouTube- PHISH-"Heavy Things" @ Big Cypress NYE 1999 (ABC TV)[/ame]

4. Wish I had seen this thread ages ago. We're split up now, but i reckon if I had've gotten her into the idea of growing weed over spending hundreds of euro a year on it she wouldn't have been so uppity about it. Also, the whole seedy business of having your local drug dealer stop by to drop off your herb would have been avoided. Anywho, the crop is doin well now, and no more shite with suppliers or money. Still......... miss ya babe........

5. Make sure you keep that strawberry plant away from your dope plants. Spider mites love stawberry plants and in saying that, would more than likely have mites on it now from the place you purchased it.

Have a close look at the underneath sides of the leaves, "i bet you find some".

6. Im workin on it with mine. she has a plant that she picked out when i started this year but i take care of it.im gunna tell her im gunna go hands off on hers but il guide her on hers

7. Heh, if it weren't for her, I never would have even smoked regularly. She then got the idea of growing in my head when we moved in together. She supplied the bag seed and actually germinated all the seeds from our first grow. After finding GC, I basically took the whole operation over and made it what it is now. She does still help trim a little, though.

We started with a 1000w MH through the whole grow in a 6x6 space. We ended up with 5 females in the end. One went hermie, one somehow managed to get polinated super early on and hardly produced anything smokable and the last three gave us around 2.75 ounces total. Now with running a 120w CFL veg/clone area and a 600w HPS for flowering in a 4x2 space, I was able to pull over 7.5 ounces off of only 2 plants for my second grow. If we get a larger place in a few months, I'm planning on adding a second 600 and possibly doing a vertical type grow pulling in 18 plants every month. I'll try and start working her into some more of the stuff if that happens.

8. glad i could help.... :D

9. I feel your pain my friend. I have an apt with my girl as well and similar situation with me always on here researching and what not... I just got my girl to drop some cash on the set up...we have a super closet so since she has money invested in it, she has more reason to stay on top of her game and be into what is going down. Its hard for us guys to make them like the whole growing idea....Since at least for me, I have always been into this and it is what I love so it comes natural, but with her, well get her to drop some cash on it or something.

10. O I should mention, she has her medical card and I am her care giver, so we are also into that way,...Loose lips do sink ships but her and I are in this together so there is no dirt

11. im sorry to tell ya man but that might be your downfall if she dumps you or you cheat on her and she has ab ig mouth your screwed.

12. Got the wife to water my garden while I was at work.

13. I do all the work and let the lady enjoy the end result! She says my skills turn her on? who knows

14. #34 Cannabis Kate, May 31, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2010
    I'm a girl and cant get the BF to help:mad: LOL... I dont have any solutions to offer, I just understand grower's pains.... Plus, he takes ALL the credit for it too.. tellin everyone "look what I grew" when he didnt even help trim! Sorry I needed to vent too, I'm feeling a little under-appreciated:(

15. lol its all good this was a thread for me to kinda vent lol my girl loves to smoke good weed but hates me growing in a little tent in my closet

16. didnt even help trim!!? Wow you need a new bf!

17. I second that.

18. I live with my girlfriend in a 1 bedroom apartment which is less than 500 square feet ( 46 square meters for those not cool enough to use antiquated measuring systems).

"all you care about are your stupid plants" sound familliar?

Don't get me wrong, she likes the plants too, but will not hesitate to complain about a longtime spent researching or gardening.

I do my research when she isn't around, and set a daily schedule for gardening...this way it is expected that I'll spend 45 minutes in the morning watering and adjusting lights etc.

Also, best way to get her involved is having her do stuff when I am not around. If Im at work she will cover them up for lights out, that kind of thing. Once they got a little bit bigger, and looked less abstract, she climbed on board fully.

I am 2 weeks into flower, and I believe her mouth is beginning to water just as bad as mine

19. Umm, just a life lesson here, that's not going to work. The proper response by a suitable partner would be to find a hobby of her own or to join you in yours. relationships require a team effort on all fronts. I know this.

20. #40 prettywheelchai, Jun 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2010
    riiigghhhhtt, and a suitable partner would not take any interest in things that interested the other person? You are correct, relationships are team efforts on all fronts, and I respect the challenge to live up to my responsibilities (which I admit I don't always do). But partners also take interest in each others lives, otherwise you have a really cold relationship.

My Girlfriend has many hobbies. She has gotten me interested in cooking, and foofy gourmet shit. I tought her to play the guitar. She has interested me in politics. Together we have started a vinyl record collection, and shop for records together. We both smoke weed. Now, we both garden.

get it? I don't need any more "life lessons" form somone who doesn't seem to know how to experience life. Thanks, but please keep that shit to yourself because it makes you sound foolish.

you and your (wife/gf/bf) may need separate hobbies to get space from each other, but my girlfriend and I like to experience life together...and both of us sort of grow up together. Life is a cool fucking thing, and being able to experience the things I love, with the person I love, is amazing to me.

Some things aren't shared at all. She like clothes and design and is quite a talented artist. I decifer old delta blues music on the guitar, and like to homebrew beer. We can still be different people even though we share common "hobbies" (if that is what growing weed is...).

I hope you and yours, are as happy as me and mine.