Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Who else thinks being a stoner runs in your blood?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Fonz_420, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Ok i ask this questions cuz while in Michigan last week i was looking for pot and i told my dad about how i was looking for people who may have some of know where to get, so anyways we start talking about pot. My father started smoking at age of 12 like me and he said that my grandfather smoked and also his grandfather. And so now iv been thinking does the urge for enjoying fine quality bud run in your blood or is it just a coincidence?

2. I think it's in your blood. The THC is literally in your bloodstream, especially if you're mom smoked during pregnancy.

3. I dunno about that really. I think it has to do with your upbringing and the views of your parents. Your dad's views were most likely impacted by your grandfather's, and his your great grandfather.

But then again, my parents are against it, and I love it, so who the fuck knows really?

4. it does man i swear to go until the day i took that first toke, there was something missing in my life.

not to mention my friends who dont have parents that ever smoked seem to fiend it a lot less than me. they smoke with me everyday but on days where im dry or something they can handle it where i seem to need it. it drives me crazy when im weedless

not to mention my dad started smoking when he was 8.

5. I believe it does. I've been smoking for a while and recently found out about a few other ppl in my family that smoke. Also found out one of my cousins was a crackhead, and I didn't know any of this for all these years. Im just happy I smoke weed and not crack hehe

6. I loved herb since i first got high. My mom smoked 4 times but never really got high and my uncle was a hard core stoner in the 70's.

My moroccon friends grandfather was a big hashish smoker and so was his uncle but his dad was too much of a pussy to try it since it is technically illegal there but my friend has been a hardcore stoner since the day he started toking as well.

I guess it could be genetic.

7. My older brother is a full time smoker, and my dad's been smoking everyday for twenty years or something like that, so I guess I got the good genes.:hello:

8. I never thoght of this, both my paresnts used to smoke but both have quit,i personaly have no intention of quitting unless a truly good reason shows up, but definetly smart

9. Out of the 20-25 people in my whole family, me, my brother, and my aunt and uncle are the only ones that have ever even tried pot.

10. it'd make sense if it did, but I personally don't know if any of my ancestors smoked

11. My mother has smoked reefer most of her life; on a regular basis. As do i.
    Coincidence?

12. It's coincidence.

I highly doubt that smoking weed is a classical "in the blood thing", at least on a fundamental and biological level. The only way that it can be (according to numerous scientific findings) alongside the liklihood of excessive abuse is if the person's mother was an avid smoker. Thus influencing and encouraging your DNA to adjust to the appeal of THC and it's carcinogens while your in the womb. Other than that I believe that smoking weed is more of a personal choice, you choose or not to choose to do it, you like it or you don't. It's the same way you might favor the color blue over what your brother or sister would prefer as red.

13. I think it skipped a generation for me. My great uncle was the biggest pot head.

14. Shit, it definately does in my fam. My grandpa is such a stoner and so is my uncle and dad. My mom tokes too and so does my only bro. Another relative has been flippin buds for like 35 years.

15. I think it has more to do with your upbringing than anything else.

16. If it does, I certainly got passed the recessive genes, because neither of my parents ever smoked, and when they found out I did they flipped their shit. They think I'm like a drug addict now and that I'm going to ruin my life. So no, I dont think so.

17. Hmm. My parents hate it. My granparents hate it.

My brother is my....partner. My sisters call and ask to smoke them out. There is normally a family smoke session before large family dinners (my grandparents had 9 kids so we have a huge family). Nuthin like passin a blunt to your uncle to get them pre-Christmas dinner munchies.

18. well my moms side of the family is strict catholic, so no go there. and my pops tried it but not a pothead of anykind... i dunno... so in my case not DNA

19. I think it's how you are raised, that affects your chances of being a pot head.

Then, I'm just lucky I guess, my family doesnt like it.

20. My uncle and dad smoked, but that's all I know..

RIP uncle

My uncle was the man.. he got me a reggae cd its the last time i remember of him and he was the coolest guy.. he passed away in his 30's from heart problems.. he knew he didn't have a lot of time and i didn't see him much.. but i'll always remember him as my favorite uncle