Who else likes to watch fish

Discussion in 'General' started by Shipwreck, Feb 13, 2011.

1. when you're stoned? Or even your animals.

For some reason the fish in my tank captivate me when I'm baked.
    I don't know if it's the interaction or just the stuff to see but I can watch it for a while.

2. Fuck yes!!!! I love watching fish swim around when I'm high :D

I have a fish tank in the kitchen and when I would go outside my balcony to smoke, I would look at the fish tank and I swear, they did the craziest shit. The huge one (Dan) would do flips like a dolphin and shit. I would sometimes think I was just too high but I swear it usually only happened when I was smoking outside. Then when I would go back inside they would just swim like normal. I miss those fish, now I have some new lame ones that don't do anything. Didn't even bother naming them.

Also, watching fish swim can be therapeutic/relaxing whenever :)

3. Success I thought I was the only one.

I've actually considered in calling my tank a "Moving picture," because it's stationary and all you do is watch it.

4. I like to watch Animal Planet all the time, does that count?

5. I've caught myself doing it once or twice. It's very relaxing

6. I need my own fish tank. I love watching them, so I go to the Shedd Aquarium alot.

7. I just picked up a 10 gallon fish tank and I'm loving it.
    A hard day at work, get stoned, and watch some damn fish.

Very relaxing.

8. Yup...love to stare at my tanks when I'm baked...I just have to remember not to scare the crap outta the fish...lol

9. what kind of fish do you have?

10. Two Green Spotted Puffers, One White Tip Shark (Catfish), and a Corydora.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTkDbjXjfgU&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Tank Phase 2 with Das Poofy Vater[/ame]

The names are Das Poofy Vater (Means The Poofy Father in German or The Puff Daddy)
    Bruce like on Finding Nemo
    Cory for deriving it from the actual name Corydora
    and Puffy.

My girlfriend wanted to name two of them so she named Puffy and Bruce.

11. I want one, :hello:

[​IMG]

12. I would love to have a salt water tank but the requirements of one are too damn high.
    They have to be kept immaculately clean and the fish usually run $20+ for one fish.

13. Yeah a saltwater tank would be nice...I have 4 freshwater tanks, and I'm sure that put together they cost less and require less maintenance than 1 saltwater would.

Gonna wait and do a reef tank right...needs to be HUGE :D

14. I have this awesome little aquarium in my room.
    It's inspired by the Japanese artist Takashi Amano.
    It looks something like this:
    [​IMG]

Except a little smaller. I tried to make it look as natural as I could. All the plants and animals in it are from the same region as well (South-East Asia).

I have a few small fish in it and small shrimp.
    I love watching the shrimp when I'm high. They move in such a funny fashion and they'll occaisionally swim to the top of the aquarium and back down. It looks pretty cool how small yet so complicated they are.

They always make me think of the Dutch saying "stoned als een garnaal" which means stoned as a shrimp. I have no clue where it came from but is basically means you're really high. :p

15. That tank is fucking amazing.
    Seriously.

16. It's all about not choosing too many different plants and animals. That makes it look to cluttered and unnatural. The rock formations can be used to cause necessary disturbances in the pattern of the plants.
    Type Takashi Amano in google images if you want to see more of what i mean.

17. Totally man. I got a ten gallon tank in my living room and a 55 gallon tank in my bedroom. The 55 gallon has a turtle in it which is even cooler to check out.
    Here are some pics of the set ups I've had in the past years.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. lucky ass fish

19. Ugh...I used to have a turtle...dirtiest bugger ever! Makes my oscars seem like neat freaks...:cool:

20. Not mine man. Got a great filter in use with an under gravel grate to help clean. I got ghost shrimp in there cleaning up food and neon tetras that do the same. It can get dirty, yes youre right.