who else likes to trip to tool and/or primus?

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by fatmagg, May 30, 2010.

1. those are my favorite band to listen to after toking.

2. I like to trip to lil wayne

3. [​IMG]

4. For some reason I just cant get into Primus.

I remember toking to when we first got the unreleased 10000 days, that was tight.

I like listening to Modest mouse, Mt eden, Deftones, The Mars Volta, The Fall of Troy, and sprinkle some andre nickatina over everything and you got yourself one fine smoke sesh

5. Is that all you had to say about the subject?

If so, I do too.

6. Wait....is this a thread on actually tripping or just smoking bud? :confused:

7. when i'm really baked i like to listen to incubus, or pinkfloyd, or kurt elling...ahhh his voice is amazing! when i'm rolling i like to listen to techno, and really upbeat jazz
    anything you can sing hella loud is fun! and when i'm tripping sometimes i like floyd, or something mellow but upbeat like jazz or techno can be hella awesome too. it's all about what mood you want to make!

8. booya seeing primus this summer!!! see ya there

9. Problem with this thread:

- This is in Artist's Corner? If it's about Tool it should be in Music Hall.

But yeah, anyway, Tool are awesome. Great band to listen to high or whatever, they do have quite a big "psychedelic" following, sadly a lot of their listeners don't see the meaning behind their songs, but I guess that's how it is with all artists really.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qSOhaV3-is"]YouTube- TOOL - Third Eye part 1[/ame]

10. i love PRIMUS!!! im seein les claypool june 9th actually and i love old Tool (Opiate to Aenima) i cant get into lateralus or 10,000 days. seems like maynard takes himself too seriously nowadays and the band just isnt as hard as they used to be, but that happens to most bands after they get rich and lazy. i do like jambi and the pot though, and schism of course.... when i say trip i mean acid haha weed isnt as psychedlic for me as it used to be

11. once when i was trippin balls i had a big revelation that the third eye meant your perifferal(sp?) vision, cuz with acid i get the strongest visuals when im not really focusing on them and wat i see in the corners of my eyes... i know thats probably not exactley wat they mean by "cleanse the third eye" but haha i just felt like sharing that lil trip down memory lane

12. Third eye is actually the pineal gland, it's located in the center of your brain "It produces melatonin, a hormone that affects the modulation of wake/sleep patterns and photoperiodic (seasonal) functions."

More info here: Third Eye - Pineal Gland - Crystalinks

13. As much as I love Tool, I don't think I could trip to them. I love listening to them baked though, I just don't know if I could handle the visuals their music would make me produce haha.

Vicarious, Lateralus, Schism, Parabola, and Sober are my favorite Tool songs.

Never really listened to Primus before, or at least I didn't know it was them if I was.

14. not just Primus, but all of Claypools music. i have a discog of his.. its soo sickk

15. same i'm seeing them with gogol bordello in july...if i can get tickets before they sell out like they did in december
    i can't wait
    when i'm high i like either weird old music like tom waits, patti smith, lou reed/velvet revolver, nico, or smooth hip hop like tribe called quest
    when i'm tripping, i like really anything. i've listened to everything from psychedelic music like pink floyd, the dead and shpongle (if you like tripping, look them up...tehy are amazing and blatantly made specifically for people on drugs) to obscure noise like naked city or death metal, but i think besides shpongle my best musical experience when tripping was listening to pendulum's album "hold your colour", it's electronic and it's absolutely amazing

also, i didn't like tool until i played their set on guitar hero when tripping... the tunnel of eyes in the background mixed with the insanity of parabola while robo was amazing, that's how i got into them

16. I'm seeing Primus 3 times in July with Gogol. I'm more excited about Gogol, but I've been listening to Primus forever.

I saw both Primus and Tool back in 1994. I can't remember if they were at the same show or not, but they were both pretty good.

I wouldn't listen to tool while tripping... it's not my type of music.

17. i have a feeling i might see one of you two...i'm going i think the 30th, whatever date is in williamsburg brooklyn
    i'm not a huge fan of primus, not because they're bad but i just haven't listened to them much. i'm sure i'm going to love their set, but i'm going for gogol, easily one of my favorite bands

18. I love music while tripping. When tripping on shrooms I like to listen to Tool and Shpongle. The tribal songs like Reflection by Tool are mind blowing while tripping hard. On oral doses of DMT I like the really cosmic music Spongle has. But by far, DXM is the best drug for listening to music while tripping. I have some unforgettable experiences between me, Shpongle and DXM. :hippie:

19. Yes... I'm seeing them in Burlington, Brooklyn, and then in New Jersey (three nights in a row). I'm really going to see Gogol- also one of my favorite bands. Primus is just a bonus.

20. haha sweet i'll see you there
    i'm really sketched out by smoking at concerts (i have and always got away with it, i'm just a paranoid guy) but i'll be baked somehow haha
    i'm thinking of eating a few firecrackers on the train, and hopefully i'll be plenty festive for gogol, but not couchlocked (or rather floor locked) because dancing would be a must