who else here...

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by jfresh420, Feb 11, 2012.

1. works out their forearms? a lot of bodybuilders say they never have and they have massive forearms..like phil heath,said he just gained mass in his forearms from lifting heavy weights..anyway,i do in fact workout my forearms..feels so good,once im done with my sets,i like cant make a fist..

actually,is there a limit to the amount your forearms can handle? i dont mean weight wise,but like rep wise..

cuz i do with a dumbbell,wrist curls..i do a warmup set with 30lbs then switch to 35lbs and do:10 each arm,15 each arm and then 20 each..

then i do with a olympic bench bar,um reverse wrist curls? like the backs of your hands toward your body..but with that i do the same thing... is that too much? i know they arnt huge muscles like biceps,so could i do any damage?

2. Anything over 15 is working endurance, you are passed hypertrophy at that point in my opinion. I think working forearms is a horrible idea, no offense intended. Your forearms will grow bigger when you do compound exercises such as the bench press and deadlift. They are constantly working, I believe even in barbell curls. Unless you are an elite professional body builder I would strongly discourage against working your forearms. Put your time and energy into more productive lifts or take that time to rest.