Who else HATES smoking through plastic!?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by youngbuddah, Feb 17, 2009.

1. glass and paper only for me, although I have smoke out of plastic, ceramic, and wood, and metal of coarse

2. Plastic is nasty, and almost never breaks in either. There's no light at the end of the plastic tunnel. Screw it and get glass or just roll joints.
    And I loved that "reproductive biologist" bit, just another fancy way of saying "fucker", right? LOL Just joshing you dude ;) (but get some glass, seriously)

3. if you make it right you can get the same effect of a 300$ glass bong for less than 5$. i never use tinfoil as a bowl, i use brass hose fixings and shit like that. I have a glass bong and a few glass bowls and chillums yet i still make macguevers for the fun of it and as an outlet for my creativity. i smoke out of them because why the ehll would i make something just to not use it? any way, heres the latest one i made and theres no way you can tell me it is a ghetto piece of shit. I call it Sober

Attached Files:

4. Quote:
    \t \t \t\t \t\t\t \t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\tOriginally Posted by wraughbit \t\t\t\t\t[​IMG] \t\t\t\t
    \t\t\t\tplastic gives off toxins that are potentially cancerous. are you fucking retarded?

this is true, however, if you use metal for the bowl and make sure that no plastic piece is in a place that will get too hot, it absolutely fine and not toxic.

5. #45 FCFondler, Feb 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2009
    This thread reaks of fail, lets kill it with fire. LESSON LEARNED!
    [​IMG]
    /Endthread

6. shit bro thats the worst
    but I stopped and picked up some zig zags so that wont happen to me again for awhile!!
    :D

7. i can agree that smoking out of shitty home made pipes and bongs suck, but i still insist that if you make it right, actually spend some time on it, it can be a close enough equivilent to glass for those with very little $$$. we're talking hundreds of dollars for some good glass, and 0-10$ for a plastic bong. personally, ive never spent a cent on a homemade cuz i refuse to spend anything on them. that would defeat the point in my opinion. glass kicks plastics ass any day, but i still wont sign off plastic altogether even tho i have some nice glass of my own.

8. #48 youngbuddah, Feb 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2009
    No matter how sick of a homemade plastic bong you make, it still makes you feel dirty after hitting from it. Not to mention all the chemicals that are fucking up your lungs. Honestly, I would much rather pay a couple hundo for a well made piece, then spending nothing and toke out of rubbish. These lips touch glass only! :D

9. plastic is for recycling, then with the money you have saved from recycling you go and buy yourself a sac and some glass on glass waterpipe.

10. have you listened to what i said? if you make it right and make sure the plastic is far enough away from any heat. no plastic melting means no chemicals in the smoke.

11. I've got some friends from back in high school that think plastic bongs and homemades are the only thing out there. Personally its glass all the way, nothing like taking a nice rip out of an awesome bong.

12. The question is, "Who enjoys smoking through plastic?"

13. i live by the plastic and I will DIE by the plastic..........

lol:eek:

14. #54 WeeD BurPs, Feb 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2009

exactly... half this thread is bashing on plastic but if you have a non plastic bowl and your not lightinng plastic then there should be no plastic burning.

my glass bong broke when i was changing water from really hot to really cold ( didnt know :(.. ). i went got a 2L empty bottle burned a hole in the side, put my glass bowl and stem when the whole was still warm, it made a nice tight hole with the stem in, washed it. put in the water. pack the bowl. light the bowl. i dont see or taste any difference in my hits. seeing as the bowl is the only thing getting hot and the stem is carrying all the heat till it touches the cold water... no plastic is burning, so unless someone tells me reason not to :bongin:

15. ya man nobody likes smoking through crappy plastic homemades but it's something we've all done at one time or another. In a way I'm kind of glad that it's something I've experienced. Smoking out of shitty homemade pieces is kinda a right of passage as a stoner in my opinion. Not like it's enjoyable but we've all been there

16. finally someone who gets it. i dunno, maybe most of you suck at making homemades and thats why you hate it. reef on one of mine with a blindfold on and theres a good chance youd think it was glass (assuming you couldnt touch it or feel the weight too). plus, its fun just to make em. gives me something to do when bored and theres nothing on tv

17. so tell me, does inhaling plastic chemical fumes have any negative effects to your reproductive organs?

18. I hate it because it is poison. I was smoking weed out of a homemade bong with a friend one time and we used a straw as the stem. The kids dad come into our room (he was cool with us smoking weed and did it himself) and was telling us about the poison from burning plastic. By the way, burning plastic creates one of the same poisons the nazis used in the gas chambers. But if it just smoke traveling through something plastic, not a big deal for me.

19. #59 youngbuddah, Feb 19, 2009

First off, I posted that when I was high, it was the first job that came to mind. I'm actually working for a shopping center as a custodian. Not too proud of myself but hell, it puts grub on the table. Secondly, if you people want to smoke out of waterbottles then go for it, I think I'll stick with my bubbler.

20. #60 puffpuffpass714, Feb 19, 2009

sorry but dude dont be an ass, expecially about something u have no idea wat ur talking about. Just because he smokes from plastic peices doesnt mean hes under 18... Mabey he doesnt have the money for a 400 roor bong like other people, personally i love my homemades ( grav bong and little wooden bowl) but thats not saying i dont like my glass too.

edit: lying about your job doesnt really help you out on this one btw..