Who doesn't like a nice homemade piece?

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by The Crafter, Aug 26, 2010.

1. After several failed prototypes and a few minor adjustments I think I've made my first bong that will work. Fingers crossed that it will work as well as I think. I tried to use some bendy straws as a sort of percolator. Lets hope it works. I'll have something to say about it later today when I get around to using it. Oh, since this is my first post I guess I'll introduce myself. The name's Jeff, I'm 18 and this forum seems awesome so far. Well, here's some pics of it. Enjoy.

Body.
    [​IMG]

Top. (Yes, that's a quarter, it helps make it airtight)
    [​IMG]

Base. If anyone knows how I might cut the top half of the thimble off to make the bowl easier to corner that would be great.
    [​IMG]

Still shot of the perc.
    [​IMG]

Action shot of the perc working.
    [​IMG]

Comments? Anyone have any more ideas for it? Anything would be appreciated.

2. nicely done lol that perc is pretty cool

now all you need is an AC for that bad boy

3. wow, that's looks like a well done home job for sure! +rep.

On the thimble, you might be able to lightly put it in a vice and use a hacksaw or dremel to cut it off.

4. WHY haven't you tried it yet??? Haha it looks good, I like the shape of the body. A lot. What beverage does it usually hold?

5. His name's jeffie, and he likes apples. :smoking:

6. Maybe in time. I'm just getting the basics done well first.

I might try that, thanks.

I'm waiting for my friend to get back from school so we can try it together. As for the bottles I went to my local co-op (health food store) hoping they would have some awesome bottles, I picked up the big bottle there which was a plain water botte and then went to Walgreens for straws. Incidentally I found that circular bottle there as well. It was a "sports" drink. Everything cost about 5 bucks to make not including the soldering iron I used to cut the bottles and the hot glue gun to make everything airtight. All in all I'm rather impressed with how easy it was to make.

You would be surprised how much I get that. xD

7. This is a joke right?:confused:
    Is that hot-glue on the thimble? Nice.

8. Yeah. Um, definitely not my brightest moment. No worries, didn't smoke out of it. We used a bamboo prop cane I had laying around and a thimble to make it. No glue by the bowl now. God I feel like an idiot. I'm going to test it right now though so expect some pics and a review in a bit. Peace.

9. I made a straight tube with 3 percs and a ashcatcher out of seasoning bottles

10. nice.

beautiful sink too.

11. Nicely done. I made a piece once out of my old 3rd grade recorder i found in my closet. :) Worked alright for a while but then it just got shitty.

12. Definitely the best homemade piece ive ever seen that tops any me and my smoker friends have made but then again we are in a rush to smoke the weed haha