Who do you think are the top 5 best speakers for legalization?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by 2MuchSkunk2Nite, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Pretend there is going to be a national debate on marijuana legalization on T.V. and it's going to be broadcast on every channel in America. Each side of the issue gets 5 members to represent it's view. What 5 people would you pick to speak and debate on behalf of legalization?

My list:
    1) Rob Kampia (MPP)
    2) Norm Stamper (LEAP)
    3) Jeffrey Miron (Harvard Economist)
    4) Bruce Mirken (MPP)
    5) Jack Cole (LEAP)

2. Who is that fat guy with a cute lisp?

Joe Rogan would rock anyone in a legalization debate.

3. Bill Maher by far is the best at getting a very good point from any angle.
    joe rogan would be good too

4. Honestly while I enjoy both of those guys, I think they are not good when it comes to swaying peoples' views. Being that they are comedians, many people tend to not take them entirely seriously. They both are fairly condescending as well which turns people off.

5. What about Ron Paul? He supports legalization through the constitution.

6. Definetely Ron Paul. This man holds it down on every video ive seen

7. #9 2MuchSkunk2Nite, Apr 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2009
    Hmm Yeah I thought about Ron Paul when I made the list. Then I thought of a reason to not add him.. but I was high and can't remember what reason that was haha.

Thinking about it now it would be good to have people from different areas of expertise. So like a politician, law enforcement, activist, economist,... someone with medical background would really round out that line up.

But I think my list now would be (hard to decide which activist would be better Mirken or Kampia)

1) Norm Stamper (LEAP)
    2) Bruce Mirken / Rob Kampia (MPP)
    3) Jim Gray (LEAP)
    4) Ron Paul (Libertarian)
    5) Jeffrey Miron (Harvard Economist)

Solid

8. Any anti-legalization speaker who just smoked a fat blunt and experienced MJ for the first time!

9. hahah yea

10. as long as the person knows their shit and can speak infront of an audience well, it shouldnt matter. because we have the facts not utter bullshit.

11. Me! Seriously I would love to get into one of the cubes on CNN and go toe to toe with John Walters. I would own him.

Bill Maher seconded. Yes, he is a comedian and yes he can be condescending, but as a MOTIVATIONAL speaker at a pro-legalization event, I can think of no one better to get the crowd roaring!

12. Yeah, Bruce Mirkin FTW! Such a great advocate. And Rob Kampia also.