who decided to use "ctrl+p" for windows media player?

Discussion in 'General' started by faceballs, Apr 25, 2008.

1. why did microsoft decided to use "ctrl+p" for windows media player as the pause/play button combination?

like seriously...
    wtf.
    why the hell wouldnt u use space?

why?

im hella high.

but seriously.. why?
    the best reason i can speculate is they wanted to be different.. which is a pretty stupidass reason when ur designing a piece of software... u usually want it to be easy use/include universally preacknowledged standards right?

*end*:D:smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke:
    :wave:

2. im surprised it doesn't want to print when you press ctrl+p

but im on Leopard and spacebar is play/pause for me :D

3. I don't think I've ever noticed that, I'd just use the mouse if I had to pause something....but like ets ^^ I'm on a mac so I clearly have iTunes which is space. You should just use iTunes on your pc instead of wmp then you can press space like the rest of us :)

4. heh yeah.. i only use windows media player when i just downloaded a movie and i want to watch it real quick cuz its set as default for windows and it gets changed back to default everytime i update cuz im too retarded/lazy to uncheck the "use this as my default player boxes"

i got a macbook too tho =]

macs are only worth it if u get pros tho...
    i learned that a lil too late XD

5. I dont see why this is soooo crazy for some people to grasp :p ctrl+p... p meaning play/pause. Or try ALT+P+P

If you wanna bitch about windows... lets bitch about how macs dont have a right mouse button, wtf is up with having to enable "secondary click" and then hold ctrl down with a mouse click to emulate right click?

6. Maybe because the space bar, let alone in key in general may be easily pressed by mistake causing mass pause/play confusion & national hysteria?

Seriously, are you from 1995? I thought all keyboards have pause & play specific buttons on them...

7. spacebar does pause/play on my WMP???? and i have windows too.... hmm?

8. maybe cuase p is for pause and or play hmmmmm maybe

9. This is an outrage.

10. If you don't like how developers try and make your lives easier, then make your own OS.

BTW, If you get a normal mouse you don't have to use the ctrl button to right click.

11. what the HELL, billie. get your shit together!

12. man.. i dont get why ppl are flaming this so bad.
    it wuz an honest question while i wuz super high.. and yeah i get that p=pause/play.. its just that space is so much easier and its the standard for practically everything else.

and for all of u ppl that decided to lump me in with the mac following i use my pc way more than my macbook and i like it a lot more because i built it myself and it runs a whole lot better... as for developing my own OS... calm down.. seriously u guys smoke weed?
    toke another bowl and chill.
    this is after all the "Chill Out Zone" i was expecting some chill answers -_____-;;

i seriously wuz just wondering if anyone knew the real answer because i thought it would be interesting.

:smoking:

13. No Window's Media Player here, it just wants a confirmation for printing.