Who Cares about Age?

Discussion in 'General' started by sCaKmY, Dec 30, 2005.

1. Ok, so after lookin at some threads and postin on this forum for sometime now, I realized that theres alot of debate on the "appropriate" age to post in the forum. Theres such a varied opinion on this issue that I would like to see what other people think, in poll form.

This is just my personal opinion but I think we wouldnt have all the "caught at school" or "parents found my stash" threads that plague the real life stories, if there werent so many little ones here. I mean, comon now, im not interested in hearing about how mommy went through your room while you were at school, been there done that.

2. Well, I think you'd be surprised at how many of the people who make threads like that are 18 or older. I'm 20 and I still live with the 'rents, and they just recently cleaned my room while iw as gone and found a hwole bunch of shit i didnt want them to see. I didn't get grounded or anything, but it was kinda awkward around my parents the next few days.

3. i don't care dude.

some laws are based on age only because there is no scale based on maturity.

4. in a perfect world we would be able to post places based on how mature we are...

but in the real world people over 18 can be immature and people under 18 can be mature...

so, by having an age limit 18, it just makes its easier to weed out immaturity...

does it work 100%, no people under 18 post here all the time... so its fine the way it is as long as we all post responsibly...

5. I agree with sCaKmY and WookiesAreCool. I know plenty of underage people who post here and I like them. I don't mind that I could have given birth to any number of them. I feel like our common bond is marijuana.

I do want to help people make the best decision for themselves at the given time. At the same time I care about the maturity level of the board. While we are a bunch of silly stoners we are a bunch of respectful, peaceful stoners. I am proud that most of our underage users can (and try) to understand that we are living a lifestyle not 'being cool'.

It is really hard to convey a thought when you are stoned. man...that almost made me sober. :smoke:

6. There's no debate on the appropriate age. Members of grasscity are supposed to be 18 and older.

In fact, we're going to start cracking down on this problem of underage posters even harder. The quality of the threads here has diminished quite significantly and it's very disheartening to have to admit that. Granted, there are immature adults all over the world but there is still a rule that you have to be 18 or older to be here. The immature threads and posts are bringing the City down to a level where we don't want it.

I think that people who willingly admit to knowing for sure that certain members are underage aren't being true Blades of the City. People who really dig it here, the true stoners who make the City what it is, have a responsibility to keep the City a cool place for everyone to visit. By saying, "Hey, I know and love the people who break the rules..." Well, that's just uncool.

Anyway, my point is that the threads and posts are going to be monitored more closely and the underage people along with the seriously immature people will not be welcome here. We want people to have fun but not at the expense of the Blades or the City.

7. i know members are 18 older, or at least should be, but i figure weed is illeagal so age really shouldnt matter cause no matter what the age u still get in trouble

8. There are serious legal liabilities in knowingly allowing minors to post on these forums, which is why we don't tolerate it. As Rummy said, the quality of posting has slipped, and it's painfully obvious where it's coming from. It's very obvious too by the subject and style of postings who those members are. And they'll continue to be weeded out from the City. Age has jack shit to do with pot, yes...but it does have a lot to do with the City. Besides that fact, SJ's vision for this place is not one that is filled with kids....there's plenty of other places on the 'Net that will allow it, but it's not what we want at the City.

9. meh, I don't really care. I mean, I love the city and so forth, but i think its important for kids under the age of 18 to be exposed to as much about pot before taking it as they can so they are very much informed about what they're doing etc. The GC, amongst other things, provides this information.

To some extent I understand that children should not acquire the means and information on how to do certain drugs, but I have to say that the mal-effects of smoking cannabis are so low in my opinion that I would be more worried if they knew how to mix a manhatten than if they simply knew how to roll a joint or a blunt for that matter.

One way or another kids under the age of eighteen are gonna be posting here and here I say to them what I will first say to anyone seeking advice on marijuana which is:

Don't get caught.

Don't post anything about being under 18 or reveal anything about your real age for that matter unless it comes up by a mod.

That's my advice.

10. Minors can still benefit from the information here as long as they don't register. You don't have to register to view the forums or do a search.

11. true true.

12. NO, NO, NO, NO!!!!

Nobody under the age of 18 should be allowed to post on this forum. IMHO, the age should be 21.

13. ^^Could you back up your opinion?

I think 18 is a fine age, and if a person younger then 18 can get by acting mature enough, they should be allowed to post.

14. My goal is to get rid of the "my parents busted me" and "I'm growing in my parents house" and "my parents suck" posts. I figure that most people have moved out by the time they are 21.

That is the reason for this opinion.

Just remember, it is not a maturity thing. I know 35 year olds who are not as mature as some 16 year olds. But, the issue is liability. For the city to be protected, they need to know that they are dealing with legal adults, and I am sorry, that means at least 18.

15. i agree with you on the "i'm growing in my parents house" aspect but not on the being caught by them. shouldnt smoke in their house and all that but sometimes snoppy parents go through stuff that is not theirs and find stuff they should not find, you know?

16. I agree with the point that many underage users bring the same posts about parents catching them over and over again ad nauseum. if they want to view the forums by all means be informed, but just don't register. unless you die, youll eventually be 18 and can post til your hearts content. i think the same should go for people who have a history of bashing others at GC.Please kick their asses to the door. im sick of seeing one word posts of "retard" or "idiot" just because a novice asked for help or advice, or b/c someone didn't approve of the poster's opinion.

17. I REALLY agree wit that dude

remember we were all beginners at one point and had these questions. just because the information comes natural to us now, we should use this "wisdom" to help our fellow blades

18. Excellent points guys, thanks. :) The City workers agree with the both of you.

Edit: We do want to encourage everyone to use the "report this post" icon whenever they feel something isn't cool with the City.

19. completely agree with you...i'm 17 and i dont make an ass out of myself or pick fights on here or call ppl names, i come on here for the reason all of you do, to jus sit back relax and jus read some stuff bout smokin weed and help others out...

20. Dude, you just admitted that you are 17. Therefore, you broke the rules just to get a login. You should be immediately kicked from the site.