Who can stand the heat .

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by hogadillo, Aug 1, 2011.

1. i am about sick of this FCKING heat . 105 for next few days and hell it hAS NOT GOT BELOW 99 FOR LIKE 2 MONTHS .
    WELL I HAVE ALOT GOING ON AND FOUND OUT WHO CAN STAND THE HEAT OUT OF 6 STRANDS I AM GROWING OUT SIDE THIS YR . LOOKS LIKE THE NORTHERN LIGHTS WAS THE FIRST TO PUSS OUT IN THE HEAT IT GREW LIKE CRAZY APRIL TO MAY THEN JUN THE HEAT TURN ON THE PLANT DID NOT MOVE AFTER IT GOT IN THE 90S LOL. SHE HATES THE LOWER GULFCOAST . I BROUGHT HER IN SIDE AND UNDER LIGHTS SHE WENT CRAZY . SHE WILL GO BACK OUT SIDE NEXT MONTH TO FINISH OFF AROUND XMAS .
    NEXT ONE ON THE LIST OF HEAT WAVE PUSSYS ARE THE BLUEBERRY KUSH SHE IS HUGE 5X5 AND STARTING TO SUCK WIND LAST TWO WEEKS SHE IS BUDING HARD AND NEEDS ALOT OF WATER TO KEEP HAPPY BUT THE PLANT I CAN TELL BY THE WAY SHE IS ACTING NOT REAL HAPPY BUT GROWING .
    NEXT ONE IS A BC BUBBLEGUM THAT IS 6 BY 6 AND BUDDING LIKE CRAZY NO HEAT RELATED PROBLEMS AT ALL ANd loving it , I HAVE CUT BACK THE NUTES .
    now the next one is a sweettooth that i have made my own seeds with crossing it with the bc bubble gum two years ago .

got a wicked heat loving 2 month auto flower in two months of veg they start flowering regardless off light .
    a great little hybrid bubble gum sweet tooth that is wicked i have a few of them going nuts and in full blown flower now will harvist in 6 weeks .
    the next one that is fcking heavy duty heat loving plant is a perple ercle has not shown a yellow leaf yet and is 5 ft just starting to flower like week ago but i am going to polinate a bud for few more seeds i got 2 seeds and a male was one of them i have already collected the pollin and will make babys soon . also i plan on altering the blue berry with the heat strenght of the sweettooth and bubble gum so i will have about 3 strans to start working on :smoke:.

2. Lol I had a nice fukin golden skunk plant that fuckin pussed out on me too :/

3. I have plants start to go from the heat. I am in my own backyard so I can make sun sails for shade during extream heat. Not to often in the PAC NW USA though.

I am happy we do not get brutal heat like that in Oregon.

4. Sounds like you need a sativa, or heavy influenced sativa strain.

5. Mine are loving the heat. Just gotta keep em watered.

6. its been hot as fuck out here for the last 2 months too. Averaging 35 degrees celcius a day. With about 10mm of rain all of july in massive storms with 60mph winds. But my plants r loving it for some reason, I have had to water every 2-3 days though.

7. well next yr i will not spend time on a few blueberrys keep them indoors or start later in year to keep there size down . . but will put alot more perple ercles in they are fcking sick not sick but kick ass . and the bubble gum and sweet tooth are kicking ass . so what i was getting at is for the out doors and heat tolerant plants i suggest going with bubblegum or sweettooth or perple ercle .

8. I feel bad for the rest of the country trapped in this heat wave...it sounds like a normal summer for us in the Sacramento Valley. Were mild as fuck this year, most of July was in the high 80's/low 90's which is crazy, we should spend July at 95f at least, and at the end its 105f-110f for weeks into August, sometimes later... Due to the mild temps, I dont have to water as much, or use as much nutes, but my plants are tiny compared to last years grow. Gimme my summeer back!

9. 106 yesteday and will be there the next few days . i talk to a budy yesterday in west tx see how the babys i gave him are going they are in a green house kicking it but the 110 is getting to thim he is venting the sht out of the house .

10. I have one plant that does not like a lot of heat. On hotter days this is what I do.

Attached Files:

11. just check the five day forcast 106 today and 104 next five days in the shade at that brothers .

12. Yup, my girls are loving the heat too here in the SJ Valley. Im in a greenhouse and my digital thermometer tells me the average temp in there for the last 7 days has been 110 degrees with a peak of 115! No signs of heat stress and I just give them an extra dose of water on their watering days.
    The clones got planted outside in late June when the heat started averaging around 95 each day, so I think they just got used too it from the get go.

13. i find that odd that your northern lights pussed out on you.. northern lights is suppost to be very good at handling heat.. well mine is anyways.. it went a week without water in 115 degree weather shes still kicking

my hindu kush skunk doesant quite like the heat to much just meaning she drink her water fast as helll.. the weather has cooled down in my area and were getting a good soaking today

that sucks that your growing in text hogdillio w.e cuz its like a fukn drought there.. i cant even imagine how much water you must be using lol