Who can help me build lights for my tent

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by MikeMilz, Aug 24, 2017.

1. The 288 boards are in stock at HLG if you want to build you own. Only slightly inferior to the newer 304 boards.
    35 left in stock. 12 of them should fill up your space.
    QB288 Quantum Board

2 board high capacity heat sinks are $19 each.
    Slate 2

You want meanwell HLG 240h c2100a drivers for each 2 boards in series.

2. You will have no problem building the frame then, if you understand basic electrical circuits, (series / parallel), wire gauges, soldering etc you are good man. I wouldn't do the Fluence thing personally. go QB as stated above

How are you going to grow? Is one tent for clones and mothers? Are both tents doing it all veg through flower? Are you lst, supercropping, scrogging ? Soil, hydro? You are asking what lights yields best without taking into consideration a million other variables.

3. Go fluence if you have money to throw out the window. If you want the best lights currently on the market build a quantum board powered fixture or much easier to just order 6 kits.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  5. That parts list is the same as the qb260 kits. If you order the kits through the growerslights link instead you get splice connectors, wire for jumping boards, a power cord, hangers, and they have the 304 boards instead of the 288's.

6. Fluence does kick ass tho my best friend gets 6lbs off of 5 plants consistently with his SPYDRX

7. I'm running coco, Scrog in both tents

8. Screenshot_20170811-015730.jpg

This is the tent I'm building out except no hps or hydro.

9. So the 304 boards are the best out right now?

10. Yes as far as their flower boards. They just released a qb120 veg board that runs only in 24 volts dc. It's incredibly efficient. I wouldn't be surprised if a whole bunch of 120 boards at 24 volts didn't outperform the 304 boards in sheer lumens per watt. But the 304 is the newest higher power version. 304 samsung 561c s6 bin diodes on a single board. The QB260 fixture if you get the 304 boards has 608 of those diodes. They scatter light like nothing else. Best for tent growing with reflective surfaces all around and close to catch the scatter.

• Like Like x 1
  11. The 288 boards are the same board just 16 less diodes per board. It's really not that big of a deal but technically the 304 is better. They run hot though so maybe the 288 is better. More diodes seems better to me.

• Like Like x 1
  12. So if I build 6 of these (3 per tent) I will be a mean green growing machine? QB600Kit_90374ce7-9b70-4b7d-819b-c70371a121a7.jpg

13. I would think that 12 boards total, 6 two board fixtures would cover 5x9. 3 rows of 4 boards inline spaced out.

• Like Like x 1
  14. The quantum boards are great, no doubt. BUT, you can get the same exact thing in strips (1 ft, 2 ft or 4 ft) from Samsung F series strips. You get virtually the same efficiency, but better distribution and more flexibility in filling out your space. OK, if I was in your shoes, here is what I would do:

I would get 25 of the four ft Samsung strips in 3000K ($511) for flowering, and 25 of them in 5000K ($511). I would make one frame (for each tent) 4 ft by 8.5 ft from 1" angle aluminum. 25 3000K strips mounted on 48" long 1.00" profile heatsinks from heatsinkUSA ($192). Space the strips about 4 inches apart center to center. Power them with a 24V, 25A, 600W power supply from Meanwell ($70) Use the 3000K strips in the flower tent, and the 5000K strips in the Veg tent.

Basically its a much larger version of this:
    0726171743.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  15. Both tents will be seedling thru flower, so are any of these full spectrum Solutions?

16. I'm only running Autoflowers

17. All of them are full spectrum white light. They are K rated for the balance of spectrum you want. 3k is the most common for flower. I bought 3500k and that may be the best dual purpose veg/bloom spectrum for you.

If you want veg specific lights get a mix of 4&5K. The higher the K the more blue and less red for more veg growth.

18. The difference with the strips is the led's are distributed much wider. I'm not sure that has a negative or positive effect. The rows are so tight on the quantum boards they don't even look like individual leds when they're on they look like mini light sabers. How many actual leds are in that fixture? per strip? There's 1,216 in a 4 board quantum fixture.