Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Who can attest the benefits of CBD with regards to anxiety?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by CBDquest, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Hey brizown, I just placed a order for a pack of Nordle, I was wondering if it had a strong smell while growing?

Did you save any of the leaf? I plan on making a tincture from mine.

2. I prefer Sativas, I like to function and not drool, ( unless its bedtime.)
    ALL high THC strains have a % of CBD in them, after 4-6 months of curing the THC level drops and the CBD rises, but as that happens you lose potency from thc, so its a tradeoff. The STRONGEST CBS buzz I've ever had left me on my back in a spread eagle position, on my floor in my garage, idk for how long I was there. I took a hit saw MAD flashes of light in the corner of my eyes and woke up on my back, in TOTAL darkness. Musta been 1 hell of a lightshow.
    That was off my Purp diesel which was GROSS it has so much THC in it. I'm re-running temple ball hash with it again this year =).

Im a Sativa diesel crackhead, and I recommend Tivas for stress, and uppity head buzz, anxiety, When I REALLY wanna piss off my Ol lady I'll blaze a pure indica, and pass out, she hates that haha! :smoking:

3. I can attest to the wonderful effects of CBD rich strains. I used to smoke high THC strains until I had to back off because It was making me parinoid and have anxiety...I was pretty devistated because i love to smoke and relax.

I started taking strains such as

SHARK SHOCK
    SHARK BITE
    TANGERINE OG
    CRITICAL MASS
    TSUNAMI

AND SO ON....

these strains are a complete different feeling. Yes they get you high...but not outer space high and you are relaxed at the same time. I guess the CBD acts to even it all out. One trick I use is taking CBD extract when smoking a higher THC strain and this seems to even it out and make the high more enjoyable. I personally love shark shock... it is just one of those strains done right. Good for cruisin, taking a walk while listening to music...one of those type of strains

I can say that I've smoked CBD rich strains before school (where I have the majority of my panic attacks) like Cannatonic and felt much more relaxed. It doesn't really matter if the strain is classified as indica/sativa/hybrid; if there's too much THC to CBD in the ratio, then you might get the anxiety problems such as paranoia, etc.

5. I eat a 3:2 CBD:THC rick simpson oil every morning. I have mild social anxiety, generally I don't like talking to strangers and such.

The oil makes me feel calm, collected and confident. I feel outgoing and socially relaxed. It lifts my mood and kills my jitters (when my anxiety peaks, I get very shaky hands and legs). At the dose I take (~rice grain), even with the THC content I don't feel stoned, I feel in fact a bit more lucid than when I'm completely sober, and the effect lasts 6-8 hours.

I used to smoke high CBD strains (mostly 15% cbd 7% thc). They were good for a short calming effect. Now, while I don't smoke them on their own, I mix them into high THC sativas to take off the jittery energy I get from them.

• Like Like x 1

I too have SA and I actually just tried a norco the other night that really helped me but I don't wanna take that my whole life.   How much is the oil and I heard that it was made legal anywhere, do you know if that's true?  Also, do you think it's the best anxiety medication in terms of safety and long term use?  I am looking for something that doesn't get me high and just takes the anxiety away.  Also, I have gynecomastia and it gets worse when I smoke, do you know if CBD would make the gyne worse or no?

The oil I get is 60$/gram and I get roughly 20-30 doses from it. 

You will see legal CBD products online, and an oil called RSHO (real scientific hemp oil). These products are CBD only (no THC) and made from chinese hemp waste products. As far as I know, they are ineffective. Good homemade hemp oil made from good cannabis has way more than JUST CBD. It's important to have a little THC (10-50%) and terpenes, flavinoids, and secondary cannabinoids. These all really add to the medicinal effect. Don't bother with pure CBD.

I think it's a great anti-anxiety medication, that said I've never tried any other medications other than xanax. I've never been on an SSRI or other prescription anxiety meds, so I can't compare. 

I do know that it has way less side effects than most medications, and I have helped many patients that reduced or stopped their prescription use by replacing it with CBD oil. The safety of it is very high, it's virtually impossible to fatally overdose, and a nonfatal overdose usually just results in extreme drowsiness. I have several patients eating a gram or even two per day for cancer treatment, which is 30x-60x the regular dose for anxiety. 

CBD oil is absolutely "something that doesn't get me high and takes the anxiety away". I'm writing this as my morning dose is kicking in. A subtle warm happy feeling is spreading through my body, I feel relaxed but awake and alert, my appetite is going up and i'm looking forward to lunch, and mentally i'm very much looking forward to some meetings I will have today, sober I would dread these meetings.

I really don't know how it will affect gynecomastia, sorry. Not much literature there.

• Like Like x 1
    Thanks for the reply!

That's the thing though, with THC needing to be in it, I'd have trouble getting it- I live in a state where marijuana is only medically available, Illinois, but they are quite strict on issuing licenses.. How often do you dose, like how long does the gram generally last you?  Also, when you live in a state where it's medically legal, does insurance help cover it like other medications?

I dose in the morning before work, and I feel it wear off just before I get off, so a good 8 hours. Usually after work I will just smoke flowers, i'll redose sometimes if I feel stressed or if I'm going out to a social/party situation, since that's where I get anxiety.

A gram gets me about 15-25 doses I think, I haven't kept track, some days i'll use a bit more, some days none at all if i'm just staying home. My dose is a half or full rice grain, roughly.

Insurance covers nothing cannabis related, at least in CA.

Awesome, thank you!

That's tough, I bet a lot of people would take advantage so I can see some of the reasons why they wouldn't but it sucks knowing that they'll help with other anxiety meds but not that, especially if it's high CBD low THC oil..

11. i tried cheeba chews (high cbd) and another edible with independently tested high cbd content.

both were outstanding in terms of pain relief and reduction of anxiety.

harlequin strain worked no better or worse than some of my favorite indicas.

12. Lmao preach

• Like Like x 1
  13. I vaped Super Sour Skunk. It's a hybrid with THCA 4%, THC 3.4% and CBD 11.8%. I had high hopes for this product. I have been suffering with PTSD since childhood with the most predominant symptom being high anxiety to full blown panic attacks. Sometimes I need anxiety relief without being too stoned. This was the highest CBD weed I've ever used. I vaped it in the late evening for about a week. My personal experience it was less effective for anxiety than pure indica strains. Even other hybrids like permafrost that has a higher THC to CBD ratio, was much better at controlling anxiety. Body chemistry is so complex and diverse for each person. This was just my personal experience.