Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Who can attest the benefits of CBD with regards to anxiety?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by CBDquest, Mar 22, 2012.

1. [quote name='"CBDquest"']Please don't post if cannabis has helped your anxiety unless you know FOR SURE that it contained CBD, not "Well it was an indica so I guess it had lots of CBD and helped me" I want to hear actual anecdotal evidence from people that know their medicine is CBD rich and the strains. There needs to be more reports whether this works, yes there may be a lot of studies saying that CBD is beneficial but the anecdotal evidence is lacking, very badly too. So get to it![/quote]

I'm using medical strains only and I've been given a rather short life expectancy. Which did my head in for quite awhile and now it's my family who's having a hard time accepting it. They keep thinking there is something wrong with me, now that I have accepted the fact and they want me to fight. I'm getting blazed every chance I can get and there are times. That I can't concentrate and focus enough to do anything. But after a good dose of MMJ I'm feeling normal and can get on with whatever needs doing. Ive tried a number of strains that have claimed to be medicinal and some have been rubbish. I know this when I'm having a really strong head high, but still feel pain. Have got something coming that could have huge potential to be of help. But will have to wait to see if it's all just hype from the breeder. As for the anxiety, a good dose will stop it completely and get my mind onto much better things.

2. Being in Australia makes it even more difficult, the fact that people are having trouble in the states getting meds means it's going to be A LOT harder over here, which sucks!

Are the Sour Tsunami on any seedbanks? Or is it just dispensaries selling them? And I really hope some good strains start coming out that are actually stabalised, we are too early in the game which is frusturating!

Sorry to hear about your situation, glad to hear you get relief from the medical strains though. I'd be interested to hear any updates on this new strain you are talking about when you are able to!

3. Dude honestly if I had a climate like an Aussie climate and so much amazing outdoor space, i wouldn't be bothering with anything but growing...which i guess ur trying to do since ur looking for seeds lol! Best of luck to u with that venture.....check out Ahuman's aussie grow for some inspiration...beautiful buds.

4. [quote name='"CBDquest"']

Sorry to hear about your situation, glad to hear you get relief from the medical strains though. I'd be interested to hear any updates on this new strain you are talking about when you are able to![/quote]

I have gone overboard when it comes to strains. George's Diamonds from Dutch Passion, Northern Light x Skunk from World of Seeds and Big Bang from Greenhouse. The first I thought was the best so far and I hope to try Omega Dwag from Alphakronic. The breeder has made this one sound like it could cure everything imaginable. But does not specify what Cannabanoids are in the strain, or a percentage. I have no way of finding out either, as I'm stuck in a backwards country without a clue. There is a number of other strains to be tried and hopefully I will have time to enjoy them.

5. I've been asking for over 6 months here where one might get their weed tested; I live in a no med state. The closest I have got is a link to Spectrum Labs which unfortunately is no longer valid. Any links would be greatly appreciated.

6. I found this through google, but idk if it's legit. It consists of an equipment and software kit which they mail to you for you to test your own cannabis at home. In any case, it gives you a rough estimate ±20%, not an precise estimate ±0.1%. Still, that's good enough for most purposes. No comment on the legality of this company either.

I know of many labs in medical states, but I don't know of any which accept samples from non-medical states. If you have a liberal friend in a medical state, he might also be willing to run it to a testing lab (usually they charge $30-$100 to measure THC, CBD, CBN, THCV, and CBDA, and your friend might want $10-$50 compensation for gas and time...so it could rival the $100 take-home kit, but with far superior accuracy and precision).

7. I do not know if it's been mentioned, but the breeder CBD Crew claim to have very high CBD content from 5-8%. Sadly they are sold out everywhere I have looked and I would like to try a few strains myself.

8. you can still get the cbd outdoor mix from here CBD Outdoor Mix Feminised - 5 Seeds - CBD Crew - Cannabis Seeds - Cannabis & Marijuana Seeds :: Seedsman, it's the only one that's not sold out. but like I said earlier you can also wait till september when the new stock will arrive fresh from the crew :).

9. #50 clonedkewe, Aug 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2012
    [quote name='"tommy649"']

you can still get the cbd outdoor mix from here CBD Outdoor Mix Feminised - 5 Seeds - CBD Crew - Cannabis Seeds - Cannabis & Marijuana Seeds :: Seedsman, it's the only one that's not sold out. but like I said earlier you can also wait till september when the new stock will arrive fresh from the crew :).[/quote]

I found one place that had one ten pack of yummy and another site doing them all pick and mix. So I should have plenty to make a start and I'm stoked they only have 5% thc. I will finally get the pain relief and be clear headed enough to get on with the day. :D

My favorite strains will soon be Shark and Nordle. :D Along with Omega Dwag, which has the biggest list by far. Of all it's different medicinal properties. The really interesting thing is that I had a brain injury during the accident also. When I'm sober I have to concentrate a lot and can on only one thing. But when I'm blazed I can think more normally and more than one thing. I had a huge convo with mum the other day and the first since the accident. She is pro prohibition and I can't bring up the topic without her imploding.

10. Does she realise how much it helps you? I know a few people that were against weed, more or less just brainwashed, showed them some real facts over a period of time and they changed their views, I definitely didn't try force it on them. What I find upsetting, I think even when/if weed becomes completely legal, there will still be some people that are against it because it is a drug, even if it's proven to be safe, the negative stigma will float around until the prohibition era people dies out.

Sorry about the rant, haha.

11. [quote name='"CBDquest"']

Does she realise how much it helps you? I know a few people that were against weed, more or less just brainwashed, showed them some real facts over a period of time and they changed their views, I definitely didn't try force it on them. What I find upsetting, I think even when/if weed becomes completely legal, there will still be some people that are against it because it is a drug, even if it's proven to be safe, the negative stigma will float around until the prohibition era people dies out.

Sorry about the rant, haha.[/quote]

The truly ignorant and those who benefit. From pro will be like Jehova Witness knocking on the door. No matter what you say, they will repeat their opinion and will not listen to others. So it's a waste of time being upset and it would be boring. If we all had the same opinion and I know we won't. As one gets older, the realization of another fact of life hits home.

12. Got my first pack from CBD Crew and are looking forward to getting them started. It's 5% THC and 5% CBD. If all breeders packed Beans as well, there would be no need for crushproof tins and they would last longer. Will definitely look at getting more at some stage. :D

13. i heard a k47 was good for anxiety. and some strain called cn99 or something like that

14. CBD rich strains help my anxiety substantially and reduce paranoia. THC rich strains tend to increase both my anxiety and paranoia. So its a fine line when you dont know what your ingesting but i can attest.

15. Well I can't say I have really bad anxiety on a daily basis. Although every now and again I do have "holy shit I feel like I'm dying" panic attacks. Also, whenever I smoke and take one too many hits of a high THC strain I have a noticeable increase in heart rate, anxiety, and a feeling of paranoia. This led me to wanting to try out a CBD strain, Nordle. I grabbed a 5-pack from Attitude a while back before they went out of stock. So far I've only grown one plant micro style under CFL's, harvested about 40g dry when all said and done. All I can say is WOW, it's like night and day. The Nordle is such a clean, paranoia free, delicious high. I have not had it tested so I cannot 100% say it's high in CBD. But as far as comparing it to everything else I've tried, Nordle is by far my favorite and if I had it my way I would smoke nothing but CBD crew strains for the rest of my life (can't wait to try other strains!). I've also gotten a lot of compliments from others who tried it on how mellow and "clean" feeling the high is. I use the word clean because more than one person described it like that. So for me it drastically reduces any paranoia/anxiety feeling I get compared to smoking anything else really. I hope this helps a bit, I'd definitely give it a shot! Worst case scenario, you have some amazing tasting bud with some added health benefits. :smoke:

16. [quote name='"brizown151"']Well I can't say I have really bad anxiety on a daily basis. Although every now and again I do have "holy shit I feel like I'm dying" panic attacks. Also, whenever I smoke and take one too many hits of a high THC strain I have a noticeable increase in heart rate, anxiety, and a feeling of paranoia. This led me to wanting to try out a CBD strain, Nordle. I grabbed a 5-pack from Attitude a while back before they went out of stock. So far I've only grown one plant micro style under CFL's, harvested about 40g dry when all said and done. All I can say is WOW, it's like night and day. The Nordle is such a clean, paranoia free, delicious high. I have not had it tested so I cannot 100% say it's high in CBD. But as far as comparing it to everything else I've tried, Nordle is by far my favorite and if I had it my way I would smoke nothing but CBD crew strains for the rest of my life (can't wait to try other strains!). I've also gotten a lot of compliments from others who tried it on how mellow and "clean" feeling the high is. I use the word clean because more than one person described it like that. So for me it drastically reduces any paranoia/anxiety feeling I get compared to smoking anything else really. I hope this helps a bit, I'd definitely give it a shot! Worst case scenario, you have some amazing tasting bud with some added health benefits. :smoke:[/quote]

Sounds good, I've managed to find two packs of Skunk Haze and are looking forward to using them. Nordle and Shark was the other two I would like to get hold of. I was talking to someone at a seedbank and was told there is a new strain coming from them this year. :D

17. #58 brizown151, Aug 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2012
    Hey kewe, sorry to hear about your accident. Sounds like you have a positive outlook on everything and I wish you the best. Congrats on finding the Skunk! I just started two more Nordle seeds in my grow box about a week ago. So far I've had 100% germination rate with the Nordle (be it only 3 for 3) which is nice. I'd love to maybe start a grow log for the two i just started. I'm pretty sure I have a pic of one of the nugs from my last Nordle harvest I'll look for and post on here. Another thing that is great about the CBD strain is I can sit and smoke as much as I want without it being too much on the mind. Unlike with a strong THC strain where I have to be careful and limit myself to a puff or two before freaking out.

*edit - Thats awesome you heard about a new strain. Cant wait to see what it is!

18. Attached is a Nordle nug. A bit leafy, I just couldn't bring myself to trim off all that sugar! Grown under 200 watts of CFL. Some of the best smoke I've ever had.

Attached Files:

19. [quote name='"brizown151"']Attached is a Nordle nug. A bit leafy, I just couldn't bring myself to trim off all that sugar! Grown under 200 watts of CFL. Some of the best smoke I've ever had.[/quote]

I'm the same when it comes to the trim and remove a lot less than your bug. Hopefully I'll end up with something slightly phatter, as I start with the CFLs and flower with 400W HID. Which tends to work much better than when I was using CFLs only. Turned out that the power consumption went up only slightly. :D