Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Who can attest the benefits of CBD with regards to anxiety?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by CBDquest, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Please don't post if cannabis has helped your anxiety unless you know FOR SURE that it contained CBD, not "Well it was an indica so I guess it had lots of CBD and helped me" I want to hear actual anecdotal evidence from people that know their medicine is CBD rich and the strains. There needs to be more reports whether this works, yes there may be a lot of studies saying that CBD is beneficial but the anecdotal evidence is lacking, very badly too. So get to it!

2. Cannabidiol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Medically, it has been shown to relieve convulsion, inflammation, anxiety, and nausea, as well as inhibit cancer cell growth.[5] Recent studies have shown cannabidiol to be as effective as atypical antipsychotics in treating schizophrenia.[6] Studies have also shown that it may relieve symptoms of dystonia."

Also all cannabis contains CBD, otherwise all getting high would be is an awful anxiety attack.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I swear no one reads shit properly on the net.

I know cannabidiol is medically beneficial, I even mentioned I have knowledge of studies. Why do you think I brought this whole topic up? I want to see ANECDOTAL evidence of people who know their cannabis contains HIGH levels of CBD. I realise all contains CBD, hence why I said CBD RICH! That also comes to the point I made about not wanting people to post if they smoked say for example a Indica strain and had some anxiety relief and then came to the conclusion that it was the CBD but all the while having no idea how much CBD it actually contains.

Sorry if this is blunt but please don't post for the hell of it, if you have not smoked high CBD strains for the relief of anxiety then don't post, it's really that simple, otherwise this thread will be de-railed with having to reply to pointless posts like this.

4. Wow, what an ass. No wonder you aren't getting any responses. All the bud I smoke it tested and I go for CBD/CBN rich strains for nausea but do notice a huge relief in stress, vs high THC strains tend to be much less helpful and even worsen anxiety. The evidence is everywhere. I'm sure your abrasive personality is why you have a hard time finding it.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Just how "rich" are you talking about there? By the tone of your posts, it looks like you really need something for anxiety.

• Like Like x 1
  6. just get some kanna its good for anxiety

7. Cbd is good for anxiety. What else more do u want to know.

8. If you want people to help you compile info, give them some specifics. Come up with a post format. It could be as simple as:

CBD%:
    Effect on anxiety:

Though I think it would be beneficial to have as much test info as possible... not just the CBD%.

9. i can tell you it relieves my anxiety like nobodies business but im not a scientist so good luck with your test numbers and such

10. I have anxiety attacks, and kush is horrible for anxiety.

Gran daddy purps type are most relaxing.

11. i have paranoid schizophrenia. I have smoked Purple Kush twice..i'm talking about bud that is actually purple. I smoke high quality bud often...i have smoked sour diesel, og kush, master kush, headband, and so on..but Purp seems to relax me more than any other strain..

12. #12 eric85sandiego, Jun 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2012
    Hi all,

I recently started smoking the high CBD strain called Harlequin (see reviews in link below) and it is the best out there for stress relief, anxiety, you name it. For me it beats drinking a few beers, incense, any other med out there! It's about 6% THC, and 8% CBD. My take on it is if CBD outweighs THC then you're not going to get too much of a 'head high' and it will just mellow out your body very well if you allow it to (the key here is if you allow it to, but it's much easier for myself personally when smoking this strain as it doesn't induce stoner thoughts unless you really get after it). Even the day after I smoke and beyond that I find I am much less agitated at little things, and have a much calmer demeanor. Also it seems to reset a lot of your biological functions to an equilibrium state if used regularly. Sleep is better, excretory system seems to work better, the whole 9 yards. My take on this is that it is simply regulating the endocannabinoid system (see link). I also included a link on CBD that has some decent research studies on the cannabinoid. Hope this helps! Let your friends know if they're in need of something to relieve stress to try this strain or another CBD > THC strain, as for me it has personally worked wonders!
    (These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration)...rolls eyes.

Harlequin Marijuana Reviews - Leafly
    ProjectCBD
    Endocannabinoid system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cheers!
    -A boy in search of true civil liberty.

13. But GDP is a kush?

14. Cannatonic #4 tested in at a resin potency of 0.6% THC and 13.4% CBD. It helps, though does not magically cure, my suspected GAD, predominantly SAD. The best way I can describe it is that it greatly diminishes the "worry reflex". If you have a genetic anxiety disorder, it won't cure you, but it will make it much easier and faster to let go of anxieties, therefore improving other aspects of behavior.

The scientific evidence for it is also growing, check out this one study for example: Cannabidiol reduces the anxiety indu... [Neuropsychopharmacology. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI.

15. You might want to do some reading on genetics, my friend!

16. I smoked a gram of Harlquin at the vapor room up in SF one afternoon when I was up in the bay, you don't get high at all but you feel very relaxed, I had no worrying or anxiety or anything, although I wasn't in a super anxious state at the time but I've always got some anxiety.

17. I wish these were on sale at seedbanks! Seems to be the only consistent anxiolytic strain with high CBD at the moment (Cannatonic I have seen a few reviews of it making anxiety worse)

18. I like around 15% THC and 2% cbd strains..good mix of both buzzes and doesn't make me anxious

19. If I'm looking for a buzz, I prefer a 2:1 ratio of CBD:THC. CBD seems to have half the half-life of THC, hence the 2:1 ratio. Most of the time, I'm not looking for the buzz, but something anxiolytic, hence I stick primarily to strains with <1% THC and >10% CBD. After trying CBD and realizing what THC is all about (dopmaine and opioids), you'll likely frown upon your run of the mill pot smokers and never look back.

Honestly, at the risk of being defamed, I think THC is the work of the devil. It damages memory, releases neurotoxic dopamine (in nucleus accumbens), and activates rewarding opioid receptors (globally?).

As kindgomofmauri mentions, strains like cannatonic #4 and harlequin don't get you high. This is their principle virtue. The reason is that CBD is virtually non-psychoactive, and they contain virtually no THC compared to their CBD level.

20. Apparently CBD actually blocks THC from doing what it does according to this dr frankel, not sure if this is the video where he talks about that, I'm really interested in the future of this because I rarely want to get high but I need to be toking throughout the day I don't want to use antipsychotics or benzos, can't wait for harlequin to be available where I go down here in so cal,

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BqeYOeLzRM&feature=plcp"]Dr. Frankel Highless Marijuana, or in his words, Rich Cannabidiol Medicine. - YouTube[/ame]

I guess a certain ratio of THC to CBD can also extend the high from THC a few more hours, like 15% to 2% I'm not sure on the numbers for that,

I don't know that we know enough to be condemning THC (especially in combination with cannabinoids), we know so little and then we also know so little in terms of the human brain, but from my Harlequin experience I have to say I'm really looking forward to the future of CBD.