who can answer this please???

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by johneym1, Jul 8, 2010.

1. i was thinking if its all about looms and not watts that weed needs to grow how many looms is a plant getting out side in the summer months and can we give a plant more looms to a plant with artificial lights like (hid hps cfl led t5) than the sun can produce on a hot summer day??? like i said i was just thinking thats all

2. we caould never ever come close to the real sunlight with any other lights

3. Not sure I can help you compare HID to Sunlight, don't know much about it.

But I do know that an outside grow has many more months to get enough light to get to a nice big size.

Indoor growing is about packing as much as you can into a shorter grow time, but you also dont usually grow as tall either.

For instance I have 5' in my grow room so I want to veg my plants to about 18" or so in 4 weeks. For this I use 3 T8 flourescent fixtures totaling about 16k lumens. The grow is in a 4x2 space directly under the fixtures. This is about 2k lumens per square ft. This is fine given the short height I am looking for. Then I use HID for flowering because this is when the plant can benefit most from light. Balancing temp, light and nutes you can really provide much more to the plant than nature ever intended to.

So it really doesnt matter what the sun puts out. Matters what you want for your grow at any given stage, your mother nature now...

4. On a cloudy day the sun generally will put about 5000w per square foot. So, if you can, get 5000w of light into each square foot of your room. Idk what that is in lumens, but I think its about 700-800,000 lumens per square foot. You can put the enough lights in to get that, but good luck cooling it, and have fun with your electric bill. LOL

5. with multiple 1000 watt lights, and a decent amount of humidity, you can easily grow faster indoor than outdoor. you need a few of them though and lots of knowledge. but understand that as a plant gets bigger indoor, it requires more lumens. a 1000 watt light is much more efficient to a small plant than a larger one. outdoor, plants can get up tp 20' tall. no joke. indoor, at 20 feet, your plant would look like shit. you would have to have so many lights it would be a waste. but a bunch of small ones...nice spacing..and a few 1000's...the proper EC and in COCO.....man. look out!! i just watched a friend pull 6 lbs with 3 1000 watters. ez money baby.

6. thanks 4 the replies very interesting???